“And for the most of the country, it all starts on the 2nd of November: all right?”
1) The launch of the Channel 4 Daily, 1989. Michael Nicholson, Carol Barnes, Garry Rice, Debbie Greenwood, Dermot Murnaghan, Susannah Simons and Richard Whiteley get used to not having enough chairs, saucers and audience to go round.
2) The boss, 1994. Mike celebrates the opening of C4’s new Horseferry Road office with a leftover Channel 4 Daily teacup.
3) Dark times, 1996. Rick Adams arrives to “save” The Big Breakfast.
4) Blustery times, 2001. Finnegan and Madeley indulge in an old-fashioned over-sized ident-wielding photo opportunity.
5) Jeremy Isaacs looking pissed off, 1982-87.
6) An ideas session for Channel 4 News, 1990.
7) The Queen passes death sentence on Jimmy Corkhill (sadly later commuted), 1995.
8) The boss, 1992. It seemed like a good idea at the time.