FINAL resting place of the one-time broadcasting institution, by then very much on its last legs thanks to the machinations of Derek Griffiths and Barnaby. Glory days of youngsters giving a flying fuck about the exploits of My Naughty Little Sister and The Yompity Yo were long gone, and later years saw attempts to update wildly anachronistic approach by bringing in folk-rockers like Nola York and finally desperately involving Noel Edmonds in some capactity, but to no avail. Cancelled in 1982, to much still-enduring wailing and gnashing of teeth.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
What more suitable programming for this evening? Used to be that goth was the most unfashionable genre of music you could get, but in recent years quite a lot of it has become assimilated into mainstream pop. We’re mostly talking imperial phase here, though, a la The Mission and Bauhaus.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #1 The most unforgettable political show theme!', Neu 75 says: "Weekend World – a proper theme tune to a proper politics show when it really was politics!"
- In 'Creamvote #1 The most unforgettable political show theme!', Paul Pensom says: "Aaah Nantucket Sleigh Ride, AKA ‘the one everybody confuses with World In Action’. Both..."
- In 'Houseparty', David Leeming says: "I was brought up loving the Houseparty ladies,Cherry, Sylvia, Anne, and dear Lucy became true friends..I was in a few Saturday morning tv shows made..."
- In 'Steptoe and Son', Paul Murphy says: "The best sitcom ever bar none."
- In 'Don’t Drink the Water', Paul Murphy says: "Pat Coombs was his sister not his missus in dont drink the water."