SUNDAY NIGHT ROY MARSDEN/RAY LONNEN vehicle. There were several Sandbagger agents; Lonnen was Sandbagger One, the head agent in the field, engaged in typical late 70s spies vs Soviets stuff. Marsden was an ex-Sandbagger One Neil Burnside, now head of the organization, under the MI5 umbrella. Had an American contact in the CIA a la Felix Leiter, played by a ubiquitous American actor whose name escapes us. Several prissy aristocrats were the overlords of the organization, whom Burnside and co always had to circumvent every episode. It was almost purely studio bound, consisting of Burnside’s office, his superior’s office, and the general area where the rest of the Sandbagger agents hung out, but once in a while they’d go “abroad” to a back-projected blue screen, perhaps left over from THE SAINT (see above) that was supposed to be Poland, Russia, Czechoslovakia, Gibraltar or Malta.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A full house for your PoV bingo card last week with this series’ first suggestion of launching a BBC sport channel, yet again failing to explain why they wouldn’t then launch a BBC soap channel, comedy channel and everything else, and then just have a blank screen on BBC1 for most of the day. Now we’ve covered the bases, not sure where this run has left to go.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "I don’t object to what the BBC wants to do, I merely object to being forced to pay through the nose to fund it with next to no say on its..."
- In 'Knowing Me, Knowing You… With Alan Partridge', Applemask says: "It’s happening. Deal with it."
- In 'The Collins Cream-ish Dictionary', Paul Bovey says: "Apparently, the “Hah, huh…hoouurgh” in ‘Mama’ was ‘influenced’ by Melle Mel’s cackle in the..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "I’m so glad TGG’s bringing the two seasons of “Ripcord” on DVD sets for sale that I’ll jump for joy! Geronimo!"
- In 'Organist Entertains, The', Applemask says: "I didn’t know Nigel Ogden was Metalunan. His show’s still piss-irritating though."