BASICALLY THE latest new NEW FACES since the last one, with ex-GIDEON TIM BROOKE-TAYLOR and ex-celebrity STAN “JEEEEMANS!” BOARDMAN introducing shit stand-ups and wanky singers. Novelty came in shape of supposed “interactive TV”, in that a “cross-section of the public” (i.e. about a hundred homes) had a votey-button thing for each act.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Why are radio adverts so bloody awful? They’re all without exception absolutely terrible, and always have been, and even those which are slightly amusing on first listen end up becoming totally infuriating by the time they go out of circulation. That’s why we’ve never really got on with commercial radio, but this sounds an absolutely fascinating documentary, the first of two parts, which explores the pioneering early days of LBC, Capital and the rest when they didn’t just bang out the same records over and over again and syndicate it across the UK but produced an incredible range of programming which was proudly local.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "I got a lot more of the references the 2nd & 3rd times I watched it,..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Rob Free says: "I used to watch this over and over on VHS. I loved the the little cameos from..."
- In '26) “I don’t do French, I do woodwork!”', Richard16378 says: "You are spot on about Victoria Wood being ahead of her time spoofing documentaries. The washed out..."
- In '46) “Radio 1 disc jockey Mark Goodier!”', Richard16378 says: "I really liked The Day Today, most of it has stood the test of time without becoming overly dated, certainly..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "Possibly Harry Enfield’s finest 45 minutes, a laugh out loud moment..."