MANCHESTER-based ad-supported service renowned as the first stop on Chris Evans’ rampage through radio; inevitable sacking rumoured to have followed on-air announcement that he “liked cats, lightly grilled on both sides”. Colleagues on various sides of the chronological spectrum included Mark Radcliffe, Timmy Mallett (who claims to have once locked himself out of the studio live on air), Terry Christian, Frank Sidebottom and endlessly-‘launched’ latecomer to the Funny Phone Call party Steve Penk.
2 responses to “Piccadilly Radio”
Leave a Reply
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Alan Shearer’s Euro 96 – When Football Came Home
Wednesday, 22.45, BBC1
Both the Beeb and ITV are showing documentaries in the next week or so about Euro 96, but we don’t mind because we have such fond memories of it. Although it seems like only yesterday, too, from a modern perspective having since had the Olympics, it seems odd to think that the attendances weren’t all that and it was centred around a Wembley Stadium that was pretty much a dump and demolished four years later. Anyway, the Beeb have got in first, with all the major players assembled, including Gazza and, of course, Baddiel and Skinner.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Rondo Veneziano', David Lewis says: "HTV used the animation as a filler and also used the tune for programme menus."
- In 'Not the Nine O’clock News', Richard16378 says: "The (sadly late) Victoria Wood was considered for this show but turned down the offer. IIRC she wasn’t keen on writing..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "This has been up for a week is there a glitch or most of TVC on holiday?"
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Des E says: "Grandstand’s probably going to win fairly comfortably, so I’ve given the ‘busters a consolation vote. Hopefully, though,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', TV Cream says: "Dunno what happened with the voting function on this one. Sorry, everybody! We’re just going to tally the Twitter votes instead,..."