For the next few weeks TV Cream is running its biggest competition yet: a puzzle trail set in Television Centre to find a mysterious valuable object.
Each day a new clue will be posted on the site that reveals the grid reference of a square on our map in which the treasure is not hidden. As the days go by you’ll be able to cross off squares until there are just two left – at which point the final clue will be revealed, and you’ll be in with a chance of winning a slew of prizes, including a complete set of TV Cream tie-in books.
Today’s clue is presented by a double act who popped into TVC Towers earlier today, albeit through completely different entrances and in the presence of completely different attorneys.
– Hello, this is Eddie!
– Hello, this is Syd!
– And we’re here to furnish you with today’s Puzzle Trail clue.
– That’s right.
– Because we’ve got all the answers, haven’t we Syd?
– Well, only one of them, Eddie…
– [interrupting] Talking of answers, here’s a tip for any husbands out there. Remember, sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. YES is the answer!
– Come on Eddie, don’t lower the tone…
– That’s not lowering the tone Syd, if you want to know about lowering the tone, I just read that Ronnie Corbett’s had his pocket picked. Now that’s what I call stooping low!
– I’m sorry ladies and gentlemen, we…
– [interrupting] They named a holiday after my sex life.
– Oh really.
– Yes. It’s called Passover!
– Ladies and gentlemen, today’s clue is quite simple.
– [interrupting] Courtesy of a man who’s quite simple!
– It is this. In the opening titles of our Saturday night BBC1 show, animated versions of Eddie and I would be seen parachuting into Television Centre…
– [interrupting] No expense spared!
– …landing in the middle of the circular courtyard, just to the left of that giant ornate receptacle.
– [interrupting] Or Bill Cotton’s sherry glass, as I prefer to call it.
– The treasure is not in that square.
– And good luck, all of you!
– Now Eddie, what about that offer of a four-week reunion run in Seaton Carew this September?
– Syd, if you’ve got to work for an idiot, you might as well work for yourself. B-bye!
– Goodbye everyone!