We prefer Henry Morgan’s pre-colonel portrayal of General MacArthur in M*A*S*H to be honest, since he plays him as a complete loon – which he undoubtedly was – but as long as we’re here…Pretty standard stuff as far as this sort of thing goes, focusing much on the General’s time running Japan and stuffed with the kind of American actor you only get to see in this kind of film, like Dan O’Herlihy and Ward Costello.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
More Blue Peter presenters in extra-curricular bits of business here. It’s Barney this time in what, though it’s billed under this title, is actually a Prom from the Royal Albert Hall. The Ten Pieces Prom is the climax of the Beeb’s initiative to get kids interested in classical music by picking ten of the most exciting and hummable bits, and everyone who was at this Prom says it was absolutely brilliant and yet another amazing thing only the Beeb can do. Lots of praise too for Barney’s co-hosts, the still fantastic Dick and Dom.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Murun Buchstansangur', graysonscolumn says: "The work of the very gifted Timothy Forder, also responsible for the animated adaptation of the W Heath Robinson book Bill the Minder and..."
- In 'Mr and Mrs', graysonscolumn says: "Weren’t Crush A Grape and Krankies Television another pair of networked show for Border, however briefly? Since the cessation of the original..."
- In 'Mop and Smiff/Mike, Mop and the Moke', graysonscolumn says: "Bless me. I had no idea yer man Amatt was a member of this lot beforehand: http://hermanshermits.co.uk/mike-bio.html..."
- In 'Moomins', graysonscolumn says: "Echo Paul’s comment – the less said about the remake, the better. The fuzzy felt version (Polish made, and with narration by Richard..."
- In 'Montreux Rock Festival, The', graysonscolumn says: "Can’t pin the twin nuisances of Opus and The Art Company on Germany, I’m afraid – they are Austrian and Dutch..."