We prefer Henry Morgan’s pre-colonel portrayal of General MacArthur in M*A*S*H to be honest, since he plays him as a complete loon – which he undoubtedly was – but as long as we’re here…Pretty standard stuff as far as this sort of thing goes, focusing much on the General’s time running Japan and stuffed with the kind of American actor you only get to see in this kind of film, like Dan O’Herlihy and Ward Costello.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The last two shows, though broadly similar, have both been pretty great we think, despite all the efforts of Liquid Gold, and the rather abrupt ending of Games Without Frontiers on the Wright-helmed show turned out, as the unedited version revealed, to be a shoddy 1980 edit rather than BBC4’s doing. Another good one this week, including all the good stuff from the Travis-helmed show from two weeks before we didn’t get, plus a spectacular Legs routine, and a good early slot for the full show too.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'CBTV', Droogie says: "I do remember Mel Smith’s old comedy partner Bob Goody also being one of the original presenters"
- In '“It’s a bad programme, and it’s yours”', Richard16378 says: "The local news being extended allowed some of the more off-beat features to included, but only in..."
- In '“It’s a bad programme, and it’s yours”', Damon says: "Loved the music and graphics though. Very 80s and cool. I demand a return to Nationwide at 5:55 after..."
- In 'CBTV', Damon says: "Wow has no one else responded to this page since me in 2010? I dispute the dates incidentally, I think it went on until at least 1984 or 1985"
- In 'Three Up Two Down', THX 1139 says: "Watched the last ever episode to see if Mike and Ange got it together, and right enough they had obviously just heard they weren’t getting..."