We prefer Henry Morgan’s pre-colonel portrayal of General MacArthur in M*A*S*H to be honest, since he plays him as a complete loon – which he undoubtedly was – but as long as we’re here…Pretty standard stuff as far as this sort of thing goes, focusing much on the General’s time running Japan and stuffed with the kind of American actor you only get to see in this kind of film, like Dan O’Herlihy and Ward Costello.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A very broad definition of “arts”, this, the story of the tell-all book by Andrew Morton, the man we best remember for being called “a daft little lad” by Bernard Ingham on that ridiculous ITV Monarchy debate. The reason we mention it this week is not just to fill a hole on a dull day but because it’s seventeen years since the crash and the dates fall exactly this year, the accident happening on the evening of Saturday 30th. Rather brilliantly, the MHP’s Death of Diana page, which catalogues the truly bizarre and memorable TV coverage that day, is still online. “As most of the world now knows” indeed. We’re pretty sure more people have heard Bingo by Catch in that clip of The Chart Show being faded out for the news than ever did when it was actually in the charts.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The', Morgan says: "I almost got lynched for suggesting on You tube, that the BBC took a “f@£k ‘em they won’t notice and kids..."
- In 'George and Mildred', Scott McPhee says: "Back in the late nineteen seventies, through to much of the eighties, one of the staples on network television in Australia, was a..."
- In 'CAMPBELL, Nicky', Gavin says: "I’d love to hear those interviews he did with Frankie. He even appeared in the Heroes of Comedy episode about Frankie."
- In 'CAMPBELL, Nicky', David says: "One of the things I will always remember about his late evening shows were his live interviews with the much-missed comic Frankie Howerd, including the..."
- In 'RADCLIFFE, Mark', David Bally says: "I will never forget those afternnon Mark and Lard shows, with Fat Harry White and the double-entedre. How they got away with it amazes me.. For..."