We prefer Henry Morgan’s pre-colonel portrayal of General MacArthur in M*A*S*H to be honest, since he plays him as a complete loon – which he undoubtedly was – but as long as we’re here…Pretty standard stuff as far as this sort of thing goes, focusing much on the General’s time running Japan and stuffed with the kind of American actor you only get to see in this kind of film, like Dan O’Herlihy and Ward Costello.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Top of the Pops
Friday, 19.30, 00.00, BBC4
We know he’s bloody useless at it, but actually quite a lot of the shows from 1982 we’re looking forward to seeing are presented by Simon Bates. It’s not for him, obviously, but he just happened to be hosting episodes featuring cracking line-ups or hugely memorable performances. His first edition of the year isn’t perhaps one of them, especially as a number of performances you’ll already have seen on the clip show, though that does emphasise there are lots of famous songs about.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Bonny', David Smith says: "Looks like this was the post-modern, self-referential episode in question: http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/986dcad6012f4a1cbde12d3 e64d3de95"
- In 'Bonny', David Smith says: "I have a vague memory of an episode with a big chase through Television Centre (or Queen Margaret Drive mocked up to look like it?) where they ran through..."
- In 'Your Local Station – Across The Nation!', Glenn Aylett says: "BBC Radio Newcastle in the eighties was everything Metro wasn’t: pop records would be grudgingly played..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "It’s been almost a month now!"
- In 'Raising of the Mary Rose, The', Applemask says: "I daresay I still would have preferred it to actual school work."