We prefer Henry Morgan’s pre-colonel portrayal of General MacArthur in M*A*S*H to be honest, since he plays him as a complete loon – which he undoubtedly was – but as long as we’re here…Pretty standard stuff as far as this sort of thing goes, focusing much on the General’s time running Japan and stuffed with the kind of American actor you only get to see in this kind of film, like Dan O’Herlihy and Ward Costello.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
And away we go, preceded by a special celebrity edition of our favourite lottery quiz (not much of an honour, we admit) Who Dares Wins. This is the only bit of the Contest the majority of people really need, although a brief look at the semi-finals suggest that it’s a bit downsized this year with a rather small stage, although we do prefer Eurovision when it’s a bit homely. At three and a half hours, though, it’s surely the longest ever, not helped by the presence of Australia for one year only, while as ever everyone’s already written off our entry but apparently there are loads of ballads this year so it may catch the ear of the continent.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."
- In 'Paperplay', THX 1139 says: "I was surprised to note when watching an episode of 90s Canadian sketch comedy The Kids in the Hall that Susan Stranks (presumably the same one) was a..."