We prefer Henry Morgan’s pre-colonel portrayal of General MacArthur in M*A*S*H to be honest, since he plays him as a complete loon – which he undoubtedly was – but as long as we’re here…Pretty standard stuff as far as this sort of thing goes, focusing much on the General’s time running Japan and stuffed with the kind of American actor you only get to see in this kind of film, like Dan O’Herlihy and Ward Costello.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We’re not sure why we seem to have two different series of Morecambe and Wise clip shows dotted around the schedules at the moment, the hour-long Penelope Keith-fronted ones that review different aspects of their shows, and these half- hour presenter-free programmes that just string together clips, though the more we get the better, probably. We’re not sure how many of these they’ve made as they’re popping up in the schedules on an irregular basis, but they’re always a nice surprise.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Whicker’s World', Morgan says: "His final series, was a revaluation that proved Alan, A) Really hated Los Angeles, a city he likened to “a hotel lobby” and B) Why..."
- In 'In One Ear', Richard Davies says: "She seemed to turn up in things well into the 1990s, not seen much since the mid 1990s revival of Going For a Song."
- In 'Yugo', Richard16378 says: "The quote is from Dragnet."
- In '‘Words’ by FR David', Morgan says: "Always known as the Constipation Song in our house “….turds don’t come easy to me.” I’m here all week..."
- In 'Yugo', Morgan says: "An easy ten points if you can name the film this reasonably priced automobile starred in? Here is a massive clue: Sgt. Joe Friday narrating: “After losing..."