We prefer Henry Morgan’s pre-colonel portrayal of General MacArthur in M*A*S*H to be honest, since he plays him as a complete loon – which he undoubtedly was – but as long as we’re here…Pretty standard stuff as far as this sort of thing goes, focusing much on the General’s time running Japan and stuffed with the kind of American actor you only get to see in this kind of film, like Dan O’Herlihy and Ward Costello.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Could there be a more reassuring voice to enjoy while tucked up in bed? We reckon it’s an inspired choice to get Moira to fill the old David Jacobs spot for the next three months because as well as her terribly mellifluous voice she’s also a huge fan of jazz and is going to filling these shows with plenty of smooth sounds, which sounds pretty ace late night listening to us.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Pages from Ceefax', Mick says: "BBC Micro graphics ordered to resemble mid-70s resolutions and typeset for in-computer compatibility using bolt-on tuner. Interesting case of..."
- In 'Paddington', Mick says: "When Mr. Curry barges into the family’s new ‘shedna’ to hog its maiden voyage, Paddington pours snow down the chimney in well-deserved..."
- In 'Five to Eleven', Mick says: "Well, come on, it made me think. Titles came on, I’d say ‘Right, nearly lunchtime’."
- In 'Open All Hours', Mick says: "2013 remake as fresh and sharp as the best of them, to great relief and surprise. G-G-Granville taking over miser duties in perhaps the wise move of..."
- In 'Monkees, The', Mick says: "I remember that thanks to the spread of quality repeats for kids back then. So my considerable expectations of these Beatlemania-riding funboys were..."