UNASHAMEDLY TACKY science-is-fun endeavour with a dizzying roll call of DEREK GRIFFITHS, DAVID BELLAMY, MAGNUS PYKE, MIRIAM STOPPARD, AUSTIN MITCHELL and BRIAN GLOVER taking it in turns to hold up giant models of a) teeth b) a box girder bridge c) the galaxy. Much bizarre demonstrations, cruel audience-baiting techniques and insane models by way of enlightenment. Wonderfully harsh flute-driven theme was ‘House Of The King’ by Dutch rock band Focus; B-side of chart hit ‘Sylvia’.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The Mercury Prize has flitted between the Beeb and C4 in recent years, but it’s back on the Beeb now and this year’s result will be revealed live tonight. What we especially like about the prize is obviously that it’s still named after the defunct company that originally sponsored it, and we even wonder how many younger viewers even realise that it even was a sponsor and not just a fancy name, a bit like the Britannia Stadium and the Liberty Stadium. Anyway, after it’s announced we’ll be able to enjoy some previous winners, and decide whether it’s a great honour or a poisoned chalice.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Insight', Scott McPhee says: "Another segment on Insight was ‘Joe’s Gang’. The only thing I remember from this, was how Joe and his friends helped out an elderly..."
- In 'Only Fools and Horses', Richard Davies says: "It drifted a little into drama with the 50 minute episodes & annual extended specials, but the quality of the series was there right..."
- In 'Only Fools and Horses', Barbersmith says: "If this had finished after series four it would stand up there with the greatest sitcoms ever. Sadly, it didn’t. Mawkish, over-long,..."
- In 'One Man and his Dog', Barbersmith says: "Absolutely spot on Jim."
- In 'On The Move', Barbersmith says: "Thanks for that link HardcorePrawn. Bob Hoskin’s mate played by Eckersley from The Monster of Peladon. Of course."