UNASHAMEDLY TACKY science-is-fun endeavour with a dizzying roll call of DEREK GRIFFITHS, DAVID BELLAMY, MAGNUS PYKE, MIRIAM STOPPARD, AUSTIN MITCHELL and BRIAN GLOVER taking it in turns to hold up giant models of a) teeth b) a box girder bridge c) the galaxy. Much bizarre demonstrations, cruel audience-baiting techniques and insane models by way of enlightenment. Wonderfully harsh flute-driven theme was ‘House Of The King’ by Dutch rock band Focus; B-side of chart hit ‘Sylvia’.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
What more suitable programming for this evening? Used to be that goth was the most unfashionable genre of music you could get, but in recent years quite a lot of it has become assimilated into mainstream pop. We’re mostly talking imperial phase here, though, a la The Mission and Bauhaus.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #1 The most unforgettable political show theme!', Neu 75 says: "Weekend World – a proper theme tune to a proper politics show when it really was politics!"
- In 'Creamvote #1 The most unforgettable political show theme!', Paul Pensom says: "Aaah Nantucket Sleigh Ride, AKA ‘the one everybody confuses with World In Action’. Both..."
- In 'Houseparty', David Leeming says: "I was brought up loving the Houseparty ladies,Cherry, Sylvia, Anne, and dear Lucy became true friends..I was in a few Saturday morning tv shows made..."
- In 'Steptoe and Son', Paul Murphy says: "The best sitcom ever bar none."
- In 'Don’t Drink the Water', Paul Murphy says: "Pat Coombs was his sister not his missus in dont drink the water."