UNASHAMEDLY TACKY science-is-fun endeavour with a dizzying roll call of DEREK GRIFFITHS, DAVID BELLAMY, MAGNUS PYKE, MIRIAM STOPPARD, AUSTIN MITCHELL and BRIAN GLOVER taking it in turns to hold up giant models of a) teeth b) a box girder bridge c) the galaxy. Much bizarre demonstrations, cruel audience-baiting techniques and insane models by way of enlightenment. Wonderfully harsh flute-driven theme was ‘House Of The King’ by Dutch rock band Focus; B-side of chart hit ‘Sylvia’.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
People say there are too many cookery shows on telly these days but they’re hardly of the “here’s one I made earlier” variety where you’re expected to follow the recipe along with the host, a la Ria in Butterflies, and they’re far more to do with celebrating food and getting people together. In this show though we’re back in the seventies where instruction rather than entertainment was the name of the game, emphasised by Delia’s no-nonsense Family Fare.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #5 The most unforgettable kids’ factual show theme!', Mark Wright says: "Like thousands of other kids of my generation, I was allowed to watch ITV in our house, so..."
- In 'Three for the Fancy', Steve Welton says: "Fabulous play! I am also looking for a copy of this little Gem……….. “Rumours travel fast among the..."
- In 'Creamvote #4 The most unforgettable sitcom theme!', GhostDiver says: "Most memorable for me is Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em – takes me right back to Saturday nights in..."
- In 'Fingerbobs', Mike Bailey says: "There was an article in the papers saying that Rick Jones was permanently off his face in the studio – and that he destroyed the..."
- In 'Manimal', THX 1139 says: "When Manimal turned into a shark at the end of the pilot episode and apparently ate a baddie, Jaws-style, in his swimming pool did this make him a cannibal?..."