ONE OF the last chapters of David Jason’s pre-fame ‘difficult period’, filling in time before those Del Boy millions came along with a long-running Kenneth Clark/Jacob Bronowski-lampooning sketch show examining the mysteries of the universe and the meaning of life. Amongst those along for the ride were Miriam Margolyes, Sheila Steafel, Chris Emmett, Stephen Moore, David Tate, Jon Glover, Andy Hamilton, Geoffrey Perkins and Jimmy Mulville. Apparently, one of the few non-Frost/OFAH shows he’s happy to see repeated.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
It’s Chriiiistmas! Alright, it isn’t, which is why we’re billing loads of Radio 2 programmes rather than things on the telly. However the Beeb have already announced their festive fare and there’s plenty of great things we’re looking forward to billing over the next few weeks, from BBC4’s history of kids TV to Brucie’s Hall Of Fame But Actually Presented By Alexander Armstrong. Indeed it’s probably for the best that this is a bit of a quiet week – for now, for now – because it eases us, and you, into the bumper double Christmas issue which is not very far away now. In the meantime it’s back to Frankie, who when we left him yesterday was playing to a half-empty Blackpool Opera House but within a matter of months had signed to Capitol and released the first fruits of his classic period, enjoying great success not just on record but on film as well, and never having to go back to Blackpool again.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Big Trouble In Little China ', George White says: "Actually, that’s Victor Wong. Vincent Wong was in Who, Victor Wong was in Big Trouble."
- In 'Creamguide(Films) Commentaries: Lifeforce', George White says: "The bloke, Bukovsky is Michael Gothard, Locque the speccy baddie in For Your Eyes Only, and was the sidekick in Arthur..."
- In 'Creamguide(Films) Commentaries: Lifeforce', Darthflanflinger says: "Persian-chilli-jully-mumban is Bob Mills ‘In Bed With Medinner’ reference. Now. People. Do I get in..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Darthflanflinger says: "I listened. It was fantastic. Plus a clip from when he engaged in banter with Rikki Fulton. Cue memory of a Rikki Fulton documentary where..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Darthflanflinger says: "I used to stumble in late to Simon Frith’s seminars at the University of Strathclyde, reeking of chicken pakora that I used to buy at..."