NED SHERRIN-led roundtable arts discussion pot-pourri which initially threw together unlikely combinations of semi-regulars including Stephen Fry (as ‘Dr Donald Trefusis’), John Walters, Richard Jobson, Emma Freud, Craig Charles, Samantha Fox, Jonathan Ross, Pip Dann, Robert Elms, Carol Thatcher, Alan Bennett, and anyone else who could throw together three or four words on the popularity of EastEnders or the latest Mike Leigh film, while over in the corner Victor Lewis-Smith fired off breakneck speed tape-wind-festooned listener-scaring reports on whatever took his fancy. Caused several unexpected outrages, not least over Fry’s celebrated rant about ‘parent power’, Elms shouting at someone who sniffed at graphic novels, and Lewis-Smith’s accidental invention of the ‘Master Bates, Seaman Staines and Roger The Cabin Boy’ myth. Still going under the watchful eye of Clive Anderson but, with most of its oddball regulars long since gone, largely degenerated into PR puff-piece parking lot for anyone with a book to plug.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The series of Mastermind almost lasts as long as the football season, this run starting way back in August, so you can’t argue the winner of tonight’s final doesn’t deserve their prize. This is now we think the only time we get to know about the contestants rather than just watch them answer questions, and we’ll find out why they picked subjects including the Falklands War and The Ashes.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Words and Pictures', Graham Pearson says: "Watch the episode of Words and Pictures in which Henry tells the story of a pumpkin scaring members of the public until a pig thwarted him...."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "You did mention this a few days ago, it was one show I was too young to click with when it was first on. The titles & music do feel like..."
- In 'Creamvote #2 The most unforgettable news theme!', Des E says: "Here’s the full version of the Money Programme theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNcUnfvFAFI A shame,..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "In 2013 there was another version shot, which needed a special train as there are no longer any non stop services from London to Brighton."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Droogie says: "Cheers, Des E. The no-show on BBC iPlayer of the previously TV Cream reviewed TOTP episode did make me suspicious"