ONE OF the original subset of muso DJs, who lasted the course by being more than happy to do the thirty seconds of gravel-voiced muttering at the start and end of live concerts, which gave rise to his one moment of actual publicity-courting, about-as-good-as-you’re-imagining single Rockin’ At The BBC.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Been an entertaining series, this, that to be honest could probably run all year round because there’s enough footage festering in the archives to go at. Maybe we can hope for a second run at least, but in the meantime it bows out with various clichéd British icons and pursuits, including Sunday lunch and bobbies on the beat.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Flaxton Boys, The', Scott McPhee says: "1969 to 1973. I had no idea. This show still aired on Australia’s ABC in the early 1980s."
- In 'Fast Forward', Scott McPhee says: "Dear Admins, in Australia, there was a long running sketch comedy show, also called Fast Forward. So, TV Cream could say; “No relation to the..."
- In 'Robin’s Nest', Scott McPhee says: "The first episode featured a gag which is a staple comic misunderstanding. Robin is preparing to open his restaurant. He employs a sign..."
- In 'Rings on Their Fingers', Scott McPhee says: "I remember this show from it’s airing on Australia’s ABC."
- In 'Gorgo ', THX 1139 says: "I saw this on holiday as a 6 year old and was stunned at the special effects bringing Gorgo to the screen, they were the most convincing I’d ever seen...."