ONE OF the original subset of muso DJs, who lasted the course by being more than happy to do the thirty seconds of gravel-voiced muttering at the start and end of live concerts, which gave rise to his one moment of actual publicity-courting, about-as-good-as-you’re-imagining single Rockin’ At The BBC.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This repeat run’ll be going some if we get to see Andy Peebles present a regular episode of this show again because that won’t be until February 2018. He didn’t get much more exciting while he was away either. We’ve now skipped a week, which unfortunately means ITV are now back on the air and never again will nearly twenty million people be exposed to Cats UK and Errol Dunkley, and also unfortunately means we’ve missed the week Buggles are number one and we end up with a line-up quite similar to the Peebles episode, though at least it means another outing for that brilliantly stupid Dooleys song. Some new stuff around, though, including Pete’s hair and a particularly, er, interesting new release.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Zokko', Andy says: "Glad some other folks recall this. I’m not going insane! I seem to remember the American pied piper guy being on Zokko, but wasn’t it called “Mr..."
- In '7) “The skeleton of… a chicken!”', Glenn A says: "Nuclear war was a big topic then, a year earlier The Old Men At The Zoo featured a nuclear attack and around the..."
- In 'Bob’s Full House', David Paul Morgan says: "I too have been looking for the Christmas 1989 show. Paul here. just saw L-Boakes comment. I will have another look in my boxes and..."
- In 'Creamvote #1 The most unforgettable political show theme!', Old Applejack says: "It’s a tough job and I salute you all for doing it. Surely you’re not going to limit the..."
- In 'Ludwig', Arlo Barlow says: "I hate to be pedantic, but it was the hallowed five minutes before the 5.45 PM BBC news, THEN Nationwide. I’m pretty sure it was an intentional way..."