FORMER TOMORROW’S WORLDLING MICHAEL “SCREEN TEST” RODD defected to link up with SUE JAY to front ITV’s typically flashier rival pop science wrap-up, noted for periodic gimmickry, most memorably early 3D experiment, utilising free glasses given away with TV Times which inevitably sold out and left you having to watch hopeless 3D western Fort Ti and endearingly rubbish “things flying at the screen” melange of decidely ropey effects with some Quality Street wrappers sellotaped to your face. Later “Smell-o-Vision” ruse less of a success, and Rodd was soon relegated to the wilds of the OPEN COLLEGE.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A full house for your PoV bingo card last week with this series’ first suggestion of launching a BBC sport channel, yet again failing to explain why they wouldn’t then launch a BBC soap channel, comedy channel and everything else, and then just have a blank screen on BBC1 for most of the day. Now we’ve covered the bases, not sure where this run has left to go.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Knowing Me, Knowing You… With Alan Partridge', Applemask says: "It’s happening. Deal with it."
- In 'The Collins Cream-ish Dictionary', Paul Bovey says: "Apparently, the “Hah, huh…hoouurgh” in ‘Mama’ was ‘influenced’ by Melle Mel’s cackle in the..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "I’m so glad TGG’s bringing the two seasons of “Ripcord” on DVD sets for sale that I’ll jump for joy! Geronimo!"
- In 'Organist Entertains, The', Applemask says: "I didn’t know Nigel Ogden was Metalunan. His show’s still piss-irritating though."
- In 'YOUNG, Jimmy', Applemask says: "It wasn’t enforced at all. He said he was retiring, then changed his mind, but they’d already hired his replacement."