POST-TARANTINO hipper-than-thou movie review show pairing tried and tested hummer and harrer Mark Kermode with incoming ‘larging it’-friendly journo Mary Ann Hobbs, which, apparently, “had the movie world all wrapped up”. Incorporated baffling tendency towards running features on visual effects.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
More Blue Peter presenters in extra-curricular bits of business here. It’s Barney this time in what, though it’s billed under this title, is actually a Prom from the Royal Albert Hall. The Ten Pieces Prom is the climax of the Beeb’s initiative to get kids interested in classical music by picking ten of the most exciting and hummable bits, and everyone who was at this Prom says it was absolutely brilliant and yet another amazing thing only the Beeb can do. Lots of praise too for Barney’s co-hosts, the still fantastic Dick and Dom.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #2 The most unforgettable news theme!', Des E says: "Did I say *throughout* the show’s 40+ years on air? Scratch that – it spent the early ’90s in exile,..."
- In 'Monday’s Newcomers', Richard Davies says: "There were a few “off the record” things like this on TV, like the IBA transmitter information broadcasts, which..."
- In 'Captain Caveman', Richard Davies says: "HB seemed to like recycling stuff between series. At least this was OK in a “waiting for the next thing on CBBC way” & the end..."
- In 'Captain Caveman', Droogie says: "Always thought this show a lazy mash-up combining of one of the Boulder Brothers from Wacky Races and a crime-solving Josie And The Pussycats girl..."
- In 'Captain Caveman', Scott McPhee says: "I thought that the admins for this site, would have observed that Taffy, looks like she was based on Farah Fawcett."