A decidedly wayward comic talent. Consistency may elude him, but on his day he can turn a pool cue, a toilet roll or a luminous condom into comedy dynamite. Michael Parkinson writes: ‘Well, judging by those out-takes, if watching the finished article is half as funny as filming it must have been, it’s well worth the price of admission!’ See BROOKS, Mel.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
For the first time in a while, two consecutive episodes, so it’s a completely different line-up to the last time and some belated debuts for Ian Dury and Sham 69 who we’d have otherwise seen two weeks ago, in a classic Pops juxtaposition with another Cilla flop and the first appearance of a record that, even skipping all the Savile and Travis episodes, you’re going to hear a hell of lot over the next few months.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Applemask says: "Clarification: Manning wasn’t deceased at the time"
- In 'Walter', Applemask says: "Made a great statement of intent for launch night. Had a sequel a year later in which Sabrina absconds with Sarah Miles, tries to exist in real world,..."
- In 'Wacky Races', Applemask says: "Attempted revival as Fender Bender 5000 in the nineties failed due to lack of Anthill Mob and Penelope Pitstop, addition of the likes of Yogi Bear,..."
- In 'The Official Doctor Who Fan Club returns', Applemask says: "Why is Doctor Who’s status as a children’s show so important to you?"
- In 'Sixty Minutes', Applemask says: "Complete failure on the graphic designers’ part to make the letter S look like the number 60."