Here’s a rarity to relish! Sidney “St Trinian’s, St Trinian’s, our battle-cry” Gilliat directs and co-scripts a bizarre comedy-mystery, as, in a rural English hospital during WWII, a postman dies on the operating table, and the nurse states that she knows the murderer to be dead as well. Understandably, in such odd circumstance, the Yard despatches the frivolous Inspector Cockrill, who suspects that one of the five doctors and nurses in the operating theatre was the actual assassin. But meanwhile, four lethally-poisonous capsules have gone missing from the hospital’s supplies…a pleasingly atmospheric-looking little comic thriller, this, and among the Creamcast here we have Trevor “Oh…BUMS” Howard, Alastair “Swellegant, eh!” Sim as the Inspector, Leo “Petronius” Genn, Judy “Sredni Vashtar” Campbell, George “Inigo Pipkin plus all of those horror films listed above” Woodbridge, and the uncredited big screen debut of none other than Hattie Jacques. Is she playing a Matron? Watch and find out, why don’t you!
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A full house for your PoV bingo card last week with this series’ first suggestion of launching a BBC sport channel, yet again failing to explain why they wouldn’t then launch a BBC soap channel, comedy channel and everything else, and then just have a blank screen on BBC1 for most of the day. Now we’ve covered the bases, not sure where this run has left to go.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "I don’t object to what the BBC wants to do, I merely object to being forced to pay through the nose to fund it with next to no say on its..."
- In 'Knowing Me, Knowing You… With Alan Partridge', Applemask says: "It’s happening. Deal with it."
- In 'The Collins Cream-ish Dictionary', Paul Bovey says: "Apparently, the “Hah, huh…hoouurgh” in ‘Mama’ was ‘influenced’ by Melle Mel’s cackle in the..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "I’m so glad TGG’s bringing the two seasons of “Ripcord” on DVD sets for sale that I’ll jump for joy! Geronimo!"
- In 'Organist Entertains, The', Applemask says: "I didn’t know Nigel Ogden was Metalunan. His show’s still piss-irritating though."