We haven’t seen this in ages and had convinced ourselves that John Mills was in it, but of course, he isn’t – which is rather a shock. Was he busy at the time? Anyway, it’s another outing for the plot that demonstrated that the top brass could be devilish cunning when they decided to try and detract attention from the landings in Sicily by letting a body wash up near enemy lines with fake papers attached. With Andre ‘Quatermass’ Morell, Cyril Cusack, Michael ‘How does he do that?’ Hordern, Miles Malleson, Allan Cuthberston and Joan ‘I’ve left my washing machine on’ Hickson involved, it can’t go wrong, and it doesn’t. Top hole.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Saturday Mornings', email@example.com says: "Just a minor comment to point out that LWT were running “Saturday Scene” in the mid to late 70’s, hosted by Sally James...."
- In 'In at the Deep End', droogie says: "I vividly remember the Heiny episode when he tried comedy. The poor sod didn’t stand a chance. He had a rotten 5 minute routine written for..."
- In 'District Nurse, The', Glenn Aylett says: "@ Richard 16378 There’s been an accident at the pit, Nurse Roberts, or Myfanwy’s got rickets, not as easy going as All Creatures..."
- In 'What We Just Watched – Episode Two', THX 1139 says: "The juror’s note gag is pretty ancient, I’m fairly sure Benny Hill and Dave Allen used it too."
- In 'Cheviot, the Stag and the Black, Black Oil, The ', Russell Cowe says: "“The Cheviot the Stag and the Black Black Oil” will be released on Blu-ray later this year,..."