We haven’t seen this in ages and had convinced ourselves that John Mills was in it, but of course, he isn’t – which is rather a shock. Was he busy at the time? Anyway, it’s another outing for the plot that demonstrated that the top brass could be devilish cunning when they decided to try and detract attention from the landings in Sicily by letting a body wash up near enemy lines with fake papers attached. With Andre ‘Quatermass’ Morell, Cyril Cusack, Michael ‘How does he do that?’ Hordern, Miles Malleson, Allan Cuthberston and Joan ‘I’ve left my washing machine on’ Hickson involved, it can’t go wrong, and it doesn’t. Top hole.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Bit of a midweek lull, so while this started last week it’s only now it’s been pressed into service to fill an otherwise barren day. In Pops 80 we’re just at the beginning of the jazz funk explosion, Linx soon to be joined by Freeez, Shakatak and Beggar & Co and here’s Ralph of Earth, Wind, Fire and Theft creating an imaginary jazz radio station like the ones he listened to growing up.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Music and Movement ', Glenn A says: "Or Singing Together, where some plummily toned BBC announcer made you sing such wholesome fare as Drill Ye Tarriers Drill when even at 9 years..."
- In 'Escape into Night', keith solley says: "the light!the light!-can vividly remember that terrifying scene from ep 5 when i re-watched it on ‘ you tube’-i was only 5 at the..."
- In 'By the Sword Divided', Jonathan says: "NOT the same as Miss Marple. The usual lazy KFA BS from tv cream, sigh, no surprise there then!"
- In 'Creamvote play-offs! Rainbow vs Weekend World', Des E says: "So, probably the most ridiculous Creamvote thus far turns out to be arguably the most dramatic and exciting thus far as..."
- In 'Last Remake of Beau Geste, The ', Lee James Turnock says: "On television, Feldman was always fine in small doses for me, so I was as surprised as anyone to find this flick was pretty..."