Civil servant Ian Carmichael returns home after a long period working abroad, to visit his old school’s sports day, and old school grudges come flooding back. Written by David Hodson.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We don’t know if it’s Barry’s rather diffident personality that means the Gibbs still don’t get the respect their nearest contemporaries ABBA receive despite their clearly obvious talents and huge success over the years. Not that they were ever bothered with credibility, though, when they were coining it in and those irresistible pop tunes get lodged in your brain whether you like it or not. Professional contrarian John Lydon is among those paying tribute and then there’s a new compilation which as well as raiding the Beeb archives also promises some rare bits and pieces from all over the place.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Words and Pictures', ange says: "Thank you so much Halloween Pumpkin! I thought I would check on this site, not really expecting for someone to have uploaded the pumpkin story after..."
- In 'It’s the double-sized Christmas Creamguide number 2014!', Alan B says: "Huzzah! Huzzah! … Huzzah!"
- In 'The six best Christmas TV Times covers', Alan B says: "The Minder one is very reminiscent of Computer And Video Games covers of the same era."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Applemask says: "When Blue Peter dies, a part of Britain dies with it. Talking of Advent Crowns, you didn’t even put any snow on the logo this year. What is..."
- In 'Treasure Houses', Narrowboat says: "It wasn’t just Stately Homes! There was also a programme on the Canals…. “You may wonder what I am doing here, without a Museum..."