Civil servant Ian Carmichael returns home after a long period working abroad, to visit his old school’s sports day, and old school grudges come flooding back. Written by David Hodson.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Let’s hope this is the first of many tributes to the great man, and let’s also hope there are some new tributes as well and not just repeated documentaries like this one from when he was still alive, and a few more repeats that aren’t just the same two from 1976 and 1986 they’ve shown on BBC4 before. This’ll do for now, though.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The', Damon says: "I must’ve watched this in about 1978-ish when I was 7 or 8. I loved it. I think it may well have been the Saturday morning..."
- In '60 70 80 Show, The', Damon says: "Hudd at front, couple of sidekickcs with him, some humour, old people sitting around on tables in the well-likt studio as if it were a kind of cafe..."
- In 'Horses Galore', Droogie says: "I remember Susan King well. As a kid I had a horse-obsessed cousin called Joanne, and always had to sit through this show if it was on whenever I was..."
- In 'Victor Lewis-Smith', THX 1139 says: "The editing on these shows was quite brilliant, maybe the best thing about it because though it was very funny in places, you couldn’t..."
- In 'Picture Box', Graham Pearson says: "Picture Box was the most memorable ITV schools programme particularly at the time Alan Rothwell presented. He became available for presenting..."