LAST (OR rather, first) piece in the Allen TV jigsaw had Admiral Nelson (RICHARD BASEHART) and Captain Crane (DAVID “FLY” HEDISON) aboard crack nuclear sub the Seaview, encountering rubber monsters of many kinds. There were many, many of these buggers, often repeating the same monster plots over and over again, involving werewolves, malignant orchids, superquids and, inevitably, Nazis. Don’t forget Kowalski, Sparks and Sharkey, or the all-time classic line from the Menfish episode: “Quick! Prepare the wet mattresses!” Paregoric fun.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A full house for your PoV bingo card last week with this series’ first suggestion of launching a BBC sport channel, yet again failing to explain why they wouldn’t then launch a BBC soap channel, comedy channel and everything else, and then just have a blank screen on BBC1 for most of the day. Now we’ve covered the bases, not sure where this run has left to go.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "I don’t object to what the BBC wants to do, I merely object to being forced to pay through the nose to fund it with next to no say on its..."
- In 'Knowing Me, Knowing You… With Alan Partridge', Applemask says: "It’s happening. Deal with it."
- In 'The Collins Cream-ish Dictionary', Paul Bovey says: "Apparently, the “Hah, huh…hoouurgh” in ‘Mama’ was ‘influenced’ by Melle Mel’s cackle in the..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "I’m so glad TGG’s bringing the two seasons of “Ripcord” on DVD sets for sale that I’ll jump for joy! Geronimo!"
- In 'Organist Entertains, The', Applemask says: "I didn’t know Nigel Ogden was Metalunan. His show’s still piss-irritating though."