BBC2 ‘POP’ MUSIC extravaganza helmed by MAGENTA DEVINE, cannily titled to allow bored continuity announcers to wax and wane along lines of “Magenta DeVine will be along in half an hour with your weekly ration of Juice”, usually followed by nationwide sound of hoofer doofers being flicked elsewhere. Likes of U2 and Simple Minds deemed too square to appear (read: too expensive) in favour of Dr. and the Medics and China Crisis.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Been a shitty week for deaths, one of the saddest being Trevor Bolder of the Spiders of Mars, which adds extra poignancy to this big new documentary. In it they’re going to take five turning points in the career of Dave Bowie of The Dave Bowie Band, and though we don’t think he’s interviewed for it, seemingly everyone who’s ever worked with him is and there are loads of rare clips.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "Yuo, it’s been a shitty week for deaths."
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Droogie says: "Am I alone in thinking Colin Crompton bore an uncanny resemblance to Frank Skinner?"
- In 'Wacky Races', Des E says: "Did Will and Joe intend to make more than 17 episodes (and hence more than 34 races), or is it possible that they *deliberately* left it to the viewers to..."
- In 'Who Pays the Ferryman?', Applemask says: "DON’T EVEN FIX A PRICE"
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Applemask says: "Clarification: Manning wasn’t deceased at the time"