Nicked off an old Twilight Zone episode which in turn was nicked off old twisty chestnut An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge (as are 90% of films with ‘you’ll never get it!!!’ twists these days), and with a load of stock zombies bunged in, you’d expect this creaky old US horror to be a washout in no uncertain terms, but it’s saved from being AN Other ’60s Yank shocker by an odd scene in which Stock Frightened Lady has a nightmarish episode in which she can neither hear nor communicate with anyone in a shop.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor tonight, which allows us to mention that when it got to number one, Calendar showed a clip from its Whistle Test-inspired video and captioned it “amateur video”. In fact that video was the first we’d heard of them or it, when it was shown on Popworld in fact, and we never thought the record version was quite as good because it was a bit overproduced. Anyway, it’s included here because it started bands being broken via the internet and that rather than the major labels and Top of the Pops.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Jonny Briggs', Applemask says: "Could never understand a word these Northern people were saying. Nothing to do with Mike Baldwin either."
- In 'Jimmy Will Fix It', Applemask says: "Jim’ll Fuck It"
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "He was a classic on TotP with the girls, wasn’t he?"
- In 'Bread', Richard16378 says: "I was too young too see the first series but certainly remember it from the 2nd onwards. It seemed OK upto the Xmas special in Rome, but from the series..."
- In 'Bread', Applemask says: "Not COMPLETELY worthless, as it represented something close to genuine working-class life in the midst of Thatcher’s imperial phase. I have a lot of..."