Robert Ryan and Bill Fraser, together at last! There’s a distinct Saturday night serial flavour about this we reckon, if only because of the crappy gold lame costumes and endless use of the same exterior shot of Templemere – Nemo’s supposed HQ -, but even so Robert Ryan is such a bizarre choice for Nemo and so unsympathetic, especially if you’ve spent the Xmas holidays watching Billy Budd about half a dozen times, that it’s difficult not to wish from the very outset that Snudge isn’t able to commandeer the Nautilus and immediately hold the world to ransome for its entire supply of Wodka or somesuch.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
It always amuses us when we see clips of Double Your Money and notice the category board includes both “jazz (traditional)” and “jazz (modern)”, though it is true that at that point trad really was big news, the nascent Pick of the Pops spinning off from Trad Tavern being just one example of its hold on the nation’s teens in the early sixties, despite it being influenced by music some forty years old at the time.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Who Pays the Ferryman?', Applemask says: "DON’T EVEN FIX A PRICE"
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Applemask says: "Clarification: Manning wasn’t deceased at the time"
- In 'Walter', Applemask says: "Made a great statement of intent for launch night. Had a sequel a year later in which Sabrina absconds with Sarah Miles, tries to exist in real world,..."
- In 'Wacky Races', Applemask says: "Attempted revival as Fender Bender 5000 in the nineties failed due to lack of Anthill Mob and Penelope Pitstop, addition of the likes of Yogi Bear,..."
- In 'The Official Doctor Who Fan Club returns', Applemask says: "Why is Doctor Who’s status as a children’s show so important to you?"