The always likeable (and first ever in colour) nautical romp with Sid James captaining his last cruise with no Aberdeen Angus and largely unwanted help from… prunes? … a high-falutin’ Kenneth Williams, an arse-injecting Kenneth Connor and a queasy Lance Percival. Also on board… spaghetti? … the delightful Liz ‘Double Bunk’ Fraser, a pissed Ronnie Stevens, and Anton Rodgers…chop suey?
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Been a shitty week for deaths, one of the saddest being Trevor Bolder of the Spiders of Mars, which adds extra poignancy to this big new documentary. In it they’re going to take five turning points in the career of Dave Bowie of The Dave Bowie Band, and though we don’t think he’s interviewed for it, seemingly everyone who’s ever worked with him is and there are loads of rare clips.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "Yuo, it’s been a shitty week for deaths."
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Droogie says: "Am I alone in thinking Colin Crompton bore an uncanny resemblance to Frank Skinner?"
- In 'Wacky Races', Des E says: "Did Will and Joe intend to make more than 17 episodes (and hence more than 34 races), or is it possible that they *deliberately* left it to the viewers to..."
- In 'Who Pays the Ferryman?', Applemask says: "DON’T EVEN FIX A PRICE"
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Applemask says: "Clarification: Manning wasn’t deceased at the time"