We’ve always insisted this Jamy Cameron effort was better than the first Riddler Scott number and we’re sticking to our guns. We don’t really want to not see the alien, to be honest; we prefer to see hundreds of them leaping across trestle tables and slavering nastily as opposed to just one with shifty eyes lurking around sets made of matt black egg-boxes. And the last sequence with the queen alien and Ripley is better than anything in the first as well (look, don’t argue!). We would like to take the opportunity to point out at this juncture that Alien 3 isn’t that bad either. It has Brian Glover in it for heaven’s sake!
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Doubtless Sky Arts have shown this a thousand times, and probably another channel before that, but we’re a bit quiet this week so it gets in. It’s Bing with all his mates, including Dino and Frank and Bob and of course Dame David, suitably seasonal for this time of year. We don’t know if it’s got him being impressed by Pan’s People, though.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "He was a classic on TotP with the girls, wasn’t he?"
- In 'Bread', Richard16378 says: "I was too young too see the first series but certainly remember it from the 2nd onwards. It seemed OK upto the Xmas special in Rome, but from the series..."
- In 'Bread', Applemask says: "Not COMPLETELY worthless, as it represented something close to genuine working-class life in the midst of Thatcher’s imperial phase. I have a lot of..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "“The Never Ending Story” is still one of my favourite songs and the video for the hit is brilliant. Pity Limahl had to get a female..."
- In 'Trimphone impersonators', RiotSloth says: "Of course, perhaps the most famous Trimphone imitator is a personal hero of mine, Ed Reardon…"