Auspicious birthdays don’t tend to come around very often; once a year is pretty much the average. Turning 10, however, is a rare occasion indeed, and tomorrow – 31st August – is the day when TV Cream will have notched up a whole decade of existence. In one form or other.
To mark the anniversary, and in lieu of much else happening (or rather, in lieu of anything else happening), here’s a rare glimpse behind the giant oak-panelled doors of TV Cream Towers at how “Britain’s number one TV nostalgia site of 2001” goes about its business…
1) Local navvies and ex-Bevin Boys unload the daily delivery of correspondence from Michael Parkinson’s lawyers.
2) The pressure’s on as the kitchen staff hurry to meet the deadline for the monthly inter-floor Nationwide cake-passing competition.
3) A TVC Towers security official ensures a local resident follows the correct procedure for the posting of a petition to bring back Whizzer and Chips.
4) Elevenses, courtesy of Doreen from the canteen. Orange and yellow cheese not pictured.
5) This week’s work experience student has trouble sorting through the TVC card indexes of Alison Graham gaffes.
6) The staff enjoy the glitz and glamour of another promotional sponsorship opportunity.
7) A spot of asbestos-stripping forces the TV Cream guv’nor to vacate his penthouse suite for a day or two.
8) Another edition of Creamguide prepares to roll off the production line and into immediate obscurity.