Now here’s fun. Vincent Price dons a dodgy beard as Robur, Jules Verne’s less-celebrated airborne version of Captain Nemo, out cruising the skies in his all-paper propeller-heavy airship, reciting the bible through a megaphone and bombing stock footage of tall ships in a bid for world peace. Among the hapless, convict-jumpered hostages out to foil him are Charles Bronson, in a non-shite film for once in these listings. Vito Scotti provides more scarcely needed comic relief as a hapless onboard French chef, there’s some of the least spectacular model work in the history of cinema, and, best of all, if you video the first ten minutes you get, for no real reason, a compendium of all that vintage ‘early flying machines that didn’t work’ footage, including the one with five sets of wings collapsing, the pumping-up-and-down-umbrella one, etc., making this an invaluable service of sorts.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
These days we’re all used to double and even triple bills of live football most Sundays but back in 1990 the idea of watching two live domestic games in one day was absolutely amazing, let alone those live games being FA Cup semi-finals which before than had never been shown live before (bar the special case of the previous year’s post-Hillsborough match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest). Then to top it all, the two games turned out to be among the most exciting in the history of the competition, as we’ll see here.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Grange Hill', Graham Pearson says: "I recall watching the episode in which Gripper was finally expelled for a grim catalogue of bullying, harassment and demanding money with menaces...."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Andrew Dexter says: "I also seem to recall the announcement of Karl Wallenda’s death on Blue Peter in March 1978, they did indeed show the clip, quite..."
- In 'Crackerjack', jabberwocky says: "This isn’t the first time I’ve come across an article on here purporting to be amusing, but isn’t. Where does TV Cream get..."
- In 'Maths-In-A-Box', Matthew says: "Is there anywhere we can see clips from this? I can find any on YouTube!!"
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "Great news, I wonder if they will dig out Dear John next."