Now here’s fun. Vincent Price dons a dodgy beard as Robur, Jules Verne’s less-celebrated airborne version of Captain Nemo, out cruising the skies in his all-paper propeller-heavy airship, reciting the bible through a megaphone and bombing stock footage of tall ships in a bid for world peace. Among the hapless, convict-jumpered hostages out to foil him are Charles Bronson, in a non-shite film for once in these listings. Vito Scotti provides more scarcely needed comic relief as a hapless onboard French chef, there’s some of the least spectacular model work in the history of cinema, and, best of all, if you video the first ten minutes you get, for no real reason, a compendium of all that vintage ‘early flying machines that didn’t work’ footage, including the one with five sets of wings collapsing, the pumping-up-and-down-umbrella one, etc., making this an invaluable service of sorts.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A few years back we received an email from the local Chamber of Commerce reminding us the clocks were going forward, though we really think that if you’re relying on the Chamber to tell you, you probably don’t have the wit to make a success of your business. The title of this show is another reminder, heralding a documentary presented by Stephen Fry on why we do it and if we still should.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Clangers, The', Richard Freeman says: "IT RETURNS!!!!"
- In 'Dangermouse', Richard Freeman says: "Penfold was a hamster not a mole. It’s coming back by they way, new series this year with Kevin Eldon as Penfold and Alexander Armstrong as..."
- In 'Words and Pictures', Graham Pearson says: "Watch the episode of Words and Pictures in which Henry tells the story of a pumpkin scaring members of the public until a pig thwarted him...."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "You did mention this a few days ago, it was one show I was too young to click with when it was first on. The titles & music do feel like..."
- In 'Creamvote #2 The most unforgettable news theme!', Des E says: "Here’s the full version of the Money Programme theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNcUnfvFAFI A shame,..."