VOLUMINOUS VICTORIAN pinafore parade courtesy of template BBC adaptation of Frances Hodgson Burnett tome. Main character Mary (SARAH HOLLIS ANDREWS) gets evacuated from India and sent to live with her obligatory creepy uncle in an obligatory large country house. Teams up with unfortunately-named Dickon (ANDREW HARRISON) the gardener’s son and Colin (DAVID PATTERSON), her cousin, who is dying from TB. Together they recreate the “secret” garden as a place to, somewhat implausibly, bring Colin to help him get better. And that’s it.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Tomorrow People, The', Richard16378 says: "I’ve only seen clips but the story with Peter Davison looks very quirky."
- In 'Tomorrow People, The', George White says: "Bizarrely, loved it as a kid. Even though now I realise it is camp rubbish. But some of it is almost as entertaining as Who. Especially the..."
- In 'The Children’s Film Foundation', Richard16378 says: "Nick that sounds a lot like Breakout, with David “Gan” Jackson once again playing a borderline psychotic with..."
- In 'Creamguide(Films) Commentaries: Creepshow', THX 1139 says: "Portmanteau horrors are still a thing on the indie horror scene, ABCs of Death, V/H/S, Southbound, that one with Anna..."
- In 'Creamguide(Films) Commentaries: Creepshow', George White says: "The one you are forgetting in Vault is the only sitcom movie Amicus made – with Robin Nedwell and Geoffrey..."