VOLUMINOUS VICTORIAN pinafore parade courtesy of template BBC adaptation of Frances Hodgson Burnett tome. Main character Mary (SARAH HOLLIS ANDREWS) gets evacuated from India and sent to live with her obligatory creepy uncle in an obligatory large country house. Teams up with unfortunately-named Dickon (ANDREW HARRISON) the gardener’s son and Colin (DAVID PATTERSON), her cousin, who is dying from TB. Together they recreate the “secret” garden as a place to, somewhat implausibly, bring Colin to help him get better. And that’s it.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Last part of this, second time round, and then we’ll have to wait and see if we join the new generation of kids at the age of 21 as we’re supposed to be later this year. If not we’ll certainly be back with this lot in 2019, and we very much look forward to that. Unless ITV, who still haven’t got round to showing a new drama since May and are absolutely going through the motions at the moment, completely collapse by then.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "As the late Larry Pennell (* Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States of America/February 21, 1928 – + ?/August 28, 2013) as the colorful and..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "Mental note: If you really want to parachute and/or skydive, just remember always the audacious and brave “Ripcord” men, Ted McKeever..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "This is the most danger-packed adventure show on television of the early 1960s ever made. Every jump and aerial maneuver are real, photographed..."
- In 'Perils of Penelope Pitstop, The', THX 1139 says: "How come the Anthill Mob all sat in the front seat of their car, piled up on top of one another? Chugaboom had plenty of room for..."
- In 'TV Cream’s perfect Eurovision line-up', George White says: "Twink, Maxi’s partner is an annoying Irish comedienne/singer/presenter, who has become known for being drunk..."