VOLUMINOUS VICTORIAN pinafore parade courtesy of template BBC adaptation of Frances Hodgson Burnett tome. Main character Mary (SARAH HOLLIS ANDREWS) gets evacuated from India and sent to live with her obligatory creepy uncle in an obligatory large country house. Teams up with unfortunately-named Dickon (ANDREW HARRISON) the gardener’s son and Colin (DAVID PATTERSON), her cousin, who is dying from TB. Together they recreate the “secret” garden as a place to, somewhat implausibly, bring Colin to help him get better. And that’s it.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Altogether now… “It’s just a gimmack, innat!” Hopefully that brilliant clip will turn up again in this new documentary which looks at the relationship between pop stars and their fans. It’s not just teen bands, either, and we well recall someone from The Frank And Walters telling Smash Hits about how in 1980 he was such a big fan of Buggles he opened the All Ireland Buggles Fan Club, which had a membership of two, him and his mate, and their activities mostly involved going for walks while carrying Buggles LPs. Kate Mossman presents and talks about her obsession with Queen’s Roger Taylor while Alan Johnson recalls his Beatlemania.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."