AND as the minute waltz fades away Radio Cream you have sixty seconds to talk about in this game, without repetition, hesitation or deviation, Just A Minute: Just A Minute is a long-running panel game where the wonderful chairman Nicholas Parsons [BZZZT: “He’s not wonderful”] invites four lovely players of this game, like the great Clement Freud, Kenneth Williams, Derek Nimmo, Paul Merton, Peter Jones, Gyles Brandreth, Julian Clary, Barry Cryer, Tony Hawks, Kit Hesketh-Harvey, Tim Rice, Sue Perkins, Wendy Richard, Ross Noble, Graham Norton [BZZT: “You can’t just keep naming contestants”] to talk about a given subject for sixty seconds without repetition, hesitation or deviation, whoever’s speaking when they hear the whistle gets all the greatness and all the glory [BZZZT: “Repe… oh hang on, it was great and greatness”] and we’re indebted to Ian Messiter who created this ga*PHEEP*Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A pretty pivotal episode, this one, and not just for Peter Powell’s wardrobe reaching an all-time low with his ridiculous flying suit. If this repeat run has done nothing else, it’s disproven the myth that you had to be in the Top 40 to get on Top of the Pops as over the past four years we’ve seen dozens of acts appear while deep in the bowels of the charts, or indeed not in them at all, and who despite performing to several million viewers never got there. Hello, Glamourpuss. It’s a practice that’s soon to disappear but for one of the last occasions, they certainly struck lucky while trying to pad out the show during a quiet week as we don’t just get the debut of Jona Lewie but also, famously, the only appearance of the original incarnation of The Human League (although they also make a guest appearance in another song on the show) and their deadly enemies OMD.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."