SUPERBUG RAVAGES the planet leaving nothing but thick-set hairy hobbledehoys in its wake. Counterfactual hokum from back when the idea of an out-of-control, unbeatable virus demolishing everything in its path wasn’t ubiquitous fodder for the Daily Express. TERRY NATION invented it after realising he’d never get any money for claiming he’d created the Daleks (it was Davros, everyone knows that). CAROLYN SEYMOUR and IAN MCCULLOCH were two of the titular old-timers, eating worms, building fires and arguing about free will. Encompassed, unbelievably, three series and appearances by PETER DUNCAN.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Bad luck to Matt Lucas who, even in this year’s threadbare BBC1 festive line-up, can’t get the Christmas episode of The Matt Lucas Awards on any earlier than the 17th, though quite why they persist with a show that’s virtually identical to Room 101 when they’re also showing Room 101 we don’t know. He’s on far more interesting form here in this repeated documentary where he tells the story of his favourite musical and then gets to appear in it as well.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "I got a lot more of the references the 2nd & 3rd times I watched it,..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Rob Free says: "I used to watch this over and over on VHS. I loved the the little cameos from..."
- In '26) “I don’t do French, I do woodwork!”', Richard16378 says: "You are spot on about Victoria Wood being ahead of her time spoofing documentaries. The washed out..."
- In '46) “Radio 1 disc jockey Mark Goodier!”', Richard16378 says: "I really liked The Day Today, most of it has stood the test of time without becoming overly dated, certainly..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "Possibly Harry Enfield’s finest 45 minutes, a laugh out loud moment..."