WHIMSICAL DRAMA by MIKE STOTT set in and around a fictional Lancashire town. Each episode focused on the life of a different resident. One was a flasher. One was an artist. One was BERNARD HILL as a suspected murderer. Another was MATTHEW KELLY without a beard who made sculptures looking like giant breasts which said “OOH!” when you pressed them. Portrayed all northerners as dickheads. PRUNELLA SCALES, RICHARD WILSON, ROGER SLOMAN and PHILIP JACKSON were some of them.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Oh yeah, this is back, as well. And later than ever as well, with the whole series seemingly being shown around this time, and this bumper extended episode – the longest one since it came back, we think – even creeping past the watershed, which is a bit of a jolt when in previous series the Beeb have always seemed extremely reluctant to put it on any later than the very youngest viewers can see it. Looks like there’s a change of heart with the new grumpy Doctor though we don’t doubt it’ll still be fun for the whole family and Peter Capaldi’s performance will be immaculate.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Night of the Comet', Morgan says: "Can some one help me by confirming this film contains the line ‘Mac 10s! Daddy would have got us Uzis!’ Or did I imagine it?"
- In 'You Gotta Be Jokin’!', Droogie says: "Another godawful BBC saturday evening comedy show from back then was Something For The Weekend. A ropey sketch show with the likes of Mike..."
- In 'Longest Day, The ', Morgan says: "“…. And if your in doubt about who’s on the other side of that wall, here’s a cricket thingy.” Can’t help but..."
- In 'Grand Prix ', Morgan says: "Severely disturbing scene of the mortality of the 60′s motor racer, rendered ridiculous by previous shoots of a boiler suit stuffed with socks,..."
- In 'Goodfellas ', Morgan says: "Watch out for the bit when the news of Tommy’s whacking reaches Jimmy, who in turn whacks the telephone booth and the prop falls over off camera...."