ONE OF the last chapters of David Jason’s pre-fame ‘difficult period’, filling in time before those Del Boy millions came along with a long-running Kenneth Clark/Jacob Bronowski-lampooning sketch show examining the mysteries of the universe and the meaning of life. Amongst those along for the ride were Miriam Margolyes, Sheila Steafel, Chris Emmett, Stephen Moore, David Tate, Jon Glover, Andy Hamilton, Geoffrey Perkins and Jimmy Mulville. Apparently, one of the few non-Frost/OFAH shows he’s happy to see repeated.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Some bizarre editing in the primetime showing of Peter Powell’s episode the other week, only four new performances in the whole show and two of them were skipped, and interesting ones too in Shaky and Iron Maiden. Pretty cheapskate show, actually, stuffed with repeats and seemingly filmed in a tiny studio, with Pete delivering most of his links rooted to the same spot and, the dead giveaway, the studio pan at the end heading straight for the lights. We’ve skipped our first episode of 1980, which isn’t a great tragedy as there’s only three this side of the strike and most of the interesting stuff gets on again, though it does means there’s some swift repeats here alongside the second outing for Steve Wright, having smartened himself up a bit.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Words and Pictures', Graham Pearson says: "Watch the episode of Words and Pictures in which Henry tells the story of a pumpkin scaring members of the public until a pig thwarted him...."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "You did mention this a few days ago, it was one show I was too young to click with when it was first on. The titles & music do feel like..."
- In 'Creamvote #2 The most unforgettable news theme!', Des E says: "Here’s the full version of the Money Programme theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNcUnfvFAFI A shame,..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "In 2013 there was another version shot, which needed a special train as there are no longer any non stop services from London to Brighton."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Droogie says: "Cheers, Des E. The no-show on BBC iPlayer of the previously TV Cream reviewed TOTP episode did make me suspicious"