Donald ‘the enigmatic’ Cammell comes out of Performance and hijacks this Dean R Koontz potboiler with sliced-up cinematography and Pearl and Dean light tunnel visual effects, as Julie Christie is imprisoned and impregnated by a rogue computer with the voice of Robert ‘Protectors’ Vaughan. Which, apart from the daft model baby at the end, is a result.Read More
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Iain Banks – Raw Spirit
Tuesday, 22.00, BBC2
Tragically this final ever interview with one of the most influential and popular authors of the last few decades, recorded a few weeks ago, now has to be screened posthumously. Viewers in Scotland will have seen it last week and now the rest of the UK gets the chance, albeit in slightly truncated form.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Wimpy Bars', Applemask says: "You’re right, that is hilarious."
- In 'Scrolling LED Displays in Newsagents’ Windows', Applemask says: "My barber still has one of these."
- In 'Nescafé chez Hunt', Applemask says: "Me. Surfers might be meaningless, but it’s interesting entertaining without needing to employ irony."
- In 'Nat West Piggy Bank Savings Scheme', Applemask says: "The mysterious “sixth pig” is Cousin Wesley, who was introduced in a limited run of 5000 in 1998 for reasons beyond..."
- In 'Comrade Dad', Applemask says: "Anna Wing was in the pilot."