By John Bill. Bernard Hill plays a scouse talent scout who discovers unemployed alternative comedian Max Hafler in a working men’s club and takes him on. Christopher Ryan appears.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We’ve lost interest in these in recent years, not just because we find Jonathan Ross totally insufferable and because so much current comedy is pretty rubbish, but also because part of the appeal used to be the chance to see clips of Stewart Lee and Simon Amstell on primetime ITV. Not quite so exciting now it’s on such a self-consciously alternative channel, but here they plough on anyway.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '41) “Comes with a free Catherine wheel!”', Richard16378 says: "These were great, & it helped that nostalga for the 1970s was big at the time it was made, so a..."
- In '54) “The drawings were by Valerie Pye!” ', Richard16378 says: "I admit to studying end credits, not just for who appearred in front of the camera. Puzzling over what jobs..."
- In 'Bottom Line, The', Richard16378 says: "I remember Danny Baker tried to have it put in Room 101 & ended up having to take a box set of it home with him!"
- In 'Duncan Dares', Richard16378 says: "I remember he also tried being a truck racer & a tight rope walker. There was a spin-off book with write up of some episodes, complete with a..."
- In 'Duncan Dares', Chris says: "Copy of Duncan dares as a firefighter"