YET MORE glossy glamour-heavy gluttony cooked up by LEW GRADE to sell to the Americans when they weren’t looking. This time it’s the exciting world of criminology that gets the trans-continental blue-screen blitz, in front of which the stupidly named Dr. Strange (ANTHONY QUAYLE) leads a crack investigative team comprising the standard issue token blonde glamourpuss (ANNEKE WILLS) and the token Yank (KAZ GARAS), forever being called into service by utterly-stumped authority figures then travelling to the scene of the crime in an unlicensed black taxi cab. Each episode given laborious “report” number, as in “Report 4407 HEART: No Choice For The Donor”.Read More
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Doubtless Sky Arts have shown this a thousand times, and probably another channel before that, but we’re a bit quiet this week so it gets in. It’s Bing with all his mates, including Dino and Frank and Bob and of course Dame David, suitably seasonal for this time of year. We don’t know if it’s got him being impressed by Pan’s People, though.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "He was a classic on TotP with the girls, wasn’t he?"
- In 'Bread', Richard16378 says: "I was too young too see the first series but certainly remember it from the 2nd onwards. It seemed OK upto the Xmas special in Rome, but from the series..."
- In 'Bread', Applemask says: "Not COMPLETELY worthless, as it represented something close to genuine working-class life in the midst of Thatcher’s imperial phase. I have a lot of..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "“The Never Ending Story” is still one of my favourite songs and the video for the hit is brilliant. Pity Limahl had to get a female..."
- In 'Trimphone impersonators', RiotSloth says: "Of course, perhaps the most famous Trimphone imitator is a personal hero of mine, Ed Reardon…"