ONE OF the last chapters of David Jason’s pre-fame ‘difficult period’, filling in time before those Del Boy millions came along with a long-running Kenneth Clark/Jacob Bronowski-lampooning sketch show examining the mysteries of the universe and the meaning of life. Amongst those along for the ride were Miriam Margolyes, Sheila Steafel, Chris Emmett, Stephen Moore, David Tate, Jon Glover, Andy Hamilton, Geoffrey Perkins and Jimmy Mulville. Apparently, one of the few non-Frost/OFAH shows he’s happy to see repeated.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Friday, 23.00, BBC Radio 4 Extra
The fact this programme is being repeated was a news story on Media Guardian the other day, seemingly based on someone reading the Radio Times and spotting it, though they did a better job than we did because it actually started last week and we didn’t notice. It’s the first repeat this side of the millennium and, you’ll note, rather earlier than the original broadcast, though we hear it’s only a five part series because there are contractual complications over whether show six, the one that famously got faded out after fifteen minutes, is actually a proper episode or not. Still, at least you can upgrade your mp3s of the other ones.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '4) “Your tone is antagonistic and you’re making me very angry!”', Richard Davies says: "I recently rewatched The Day Today & this is one of the funnier moments,..."
- In 'Water Margin, The', IanW1968 says: "aah ha sa chaa naa eeee!"
- In 'Man About the House', IanW1968 says: "I just watched all of the 4th, 5th and 6th series on youtube, it’s still brilliant. Robin’s buying a piano off Roper. Robin:..."
- In '4) “Your tone is antagonistic and you’re making me very angry!”', Alan B says: "Surely nobody has ever looked at rolling news with anything other than contempt..."
- In '24) “What kind of a thing is happening here?”', neu75 says: "The very best bit is the England bench’s reaction to the equaliser against Poland. Priceless…"