ONE OF the last chapters of David Jason’s pre-fame ‘difficult period’, filling in time before those Del Boy millions came along with a long-running Kenneth Clark/Jacob Bronowski-lampooning sketch show examining the mysteries of the universe and the meaning of life. Amongst those along for the ride were Miriam Margolyes, Sheila Steafel, Chris Emmett, Stephen Moore, David Tate, Jon Glover, Andy Hamilton, Geoffrey Perkins and Jimmy Mulville. Apparently, one of the few non-Frost/OFAH shows he’s happy to see repeated.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'If It’s Wednesday, It Must Be…', Elise Camp says: "What about the inveterate Irish barfly? Oliver Shamus Hugh Squire. Now say it slurred,thanks to Benny Green. A..."
- In 'Organist Entertains, The', Gary says: "I always refer to it as “The Organist Entertains Question Mark”."
- In 'Screen Test', Richard16378 says: "Especially as the Hanna-Barbera Laurel & Hardy cartoons were never far from Children’s BBC schedules at the time."
- In 'Screen Test', David Smith says: "Used to amuse me when they had a round featuring “our old friends Laurel and Hardy”, and Michael would always say “When Ollie..."
- In 'Screen Test', Droogie says: "The Super 8 contest entries always frustrated me – mainly because of jealousy that our family didn’t own any Super 8 equipment. Wasn’t..."