THEN little more than ‘That Bloke Off The Last Resort’ roped in to do holiday cover on the more irreverent shows (normally Janice Long’s), eventually promoted to his own big-budget effort broadcast live from Ronnie Scott’s with a studio audience and Victor Lewis-Smith and Danny Baker in tow. Odd tendency towards featuring live bands with a distinctly visual flavour, including on one occasion pyrotechnic-crazy rhino-headed bafflements GWAR.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
“Do you like disco music, Roger?” “Oh, I hate it!” Quite the episode, this one, because after just one week the grand guest presenter idea collapses around them as Tommy Vance is joined by “the McVicar himself”, Roger Daltrey, who is spectacularly off-message throughout the programme, not least in his notorious Village People introduction. In fact even without him it would have been a notable episode, thanks to Tommy’s extended explanation of what the arrows in the chart rundown mean and the performance by the amazing Sue Wilkinson. You’ll note the late edition is still billed as “edit” and is in a half hour slot but it was only half an hour in the first place so we think we should be getting this remarkable programme in all its glory.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Naked Video', David Smith says: "The end credits for the latter series replaced the roaring Thatcher with John Major as a buck toothed mouse, I recall…"
- In 'Horses Galore', Alan says: "Someone on another site also says that the presenter was Susan George but it was definitely Susan King. I can however see a resemblance between them. A..."
- In 'Your Local Station – Across The Nation!', AlexTheEngineer-Ipswich says: "Surprised to see no mention of Laser 558, Radio Caroline (which took over 558 for a bit after the MV..."
- In 'Friends in Space', Danny says: "OMG! I’ve been looking for this for years. Watching it as a kid it stayed with me and I never forgot it!"
- In 'New Faces', harvey wood says: "I was on new faces in 1975 does anyone have any copies or information please thanks"