SUB-BLAKE’S 7 beardy ‘space opera’ melodrama about the crew of the Challenger and their seemingly unending quest to find one of those time-honoured ‘new’ Earths you keep hearing about. Loads of faffing about with solar flares and sundry other vogueishly apocalyptic ‘intelligent sci-fi’ plot devices of the day, along with a weirdly ‘adult’ subplot about an adolescent girl raised by computers. Joss Whedon’s BBC Radio Collection box sets remain un-listened to, honest.Read More
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Been a shitty week for deaths, one of the saddest being Trevor Bolder of the Spiders of Mars, which adds extra poignancy to this big new documentary. In it they’re going to take five turning points in the career of Dave Bowie of The Dave Bowie Band, and though we don’t think he’s interviewed for it, seemingly everyone who’s ever worked with him is and there are loads of rare clips.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "Yuo, it’s been a shitty week for deaths."
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Droogie says: "Am I alone in thinking Colin Crompton bore an uncanny resemblance to Frank Skinner?"
- In 'Wacky Races', Des E says: "Did Will and Joe intend to make more than 17 episodes (and hence more than 34 races), or is it possible that they *deliberately* left it to the viewers to..."
- In 'Who Pays the Ferryman?', Applemask says: "DON’T EVEN FIX A PRICE"
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Applemask says: "Clarification: Manning wasn’t deceased at the time"