THE RETURN of the inhaler-wielding, glove-toting, Shakespeare-spouting fop DCI George Bulman, still played by DON HENDERSON. Now stationed in Manchester, still paired with DS Derek Willis (DENNIS BLANCH), our man was juggling the pressure of working unfamiliar Northern beats and socialising with unfamiliar Northern sassy colleagues such as FIONA MOLLISON and FRANCES TOMELTY. Format was duly ripped up after two years to send Bulman back to London, now in the employ of MARK MCMANUS, before being ripped up again to send Bulman into, er, BULMAN.Read More
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Been a shitty week for deaths, one of the saddest being Trevor Bolder of the Spiders of Mars, which adds extra poignancy to this big new documentary. In it they’re going to take five turning points in the career of Dave Bowie of The Dave Bowie Band, and though we don’t think he’s interviewed for it, seemingly everyone who’s ever worked with him is and there are loads of rare clips.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "Yuo, it’s been a shitty week for deaths."
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Droogie says: "Am I alone in thinking Colin Crompton bore an uncanny resemblance to Frank Skinner?"
- In 'Wacky Races', Des E says: "Did Will and Joe intend to make more than 17 episodes (and hence more than 34 races), or is it possible that they *deliberately* left it to the viewers to..."
- In 'Who Pays the Ferryman?', Applemask says: "DON’T EVEN FIX A PRICE"
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Applemask says: "Clarification: Manning wasn’t deceased at the time"