We haven’t seen this in ages and had convinced ourselves that John Mills was in it, but of course, he isn’t – which is rather a shock. Was he busy at the time? Anyway, it’s another outing for the plot that demonstrated that the top brass could be devilish cunning when they decided to try and detract attention from the landings in Sicily by letting a body wash up near enemy lines with fake papers attached. With Andre ‘Quatermass’ Morell, Cyril Cusack, Michael ‘How does he do that?’ Hordern, Miles Malleson, Allan Cuthberston and Joan ‘I’ve left my washing machine on’ Hickson involved, it can’t go wrong, and it doesn’t. Top hole.Read More
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "Even a drop-in appearance by Paul McCartney to make it even more special!"
- In 'Tomorrow People, The', Richard16378 says: "I’ve only seen clips but the story with Peter Davison looks very quirky."
- In 'Tomorrow People, The', George White says: "Bizarrely, loved it as a kid. Even though now I realise it is camp rubbish. But some of it is almost as entertaining as Who. Especially the..."
- In 'The Children’s Film Foundation', Richard16378 says: "Nick that sounds a lot like Breakout, with David “Gan” Jackson once again playing a borderline psychotic with..."
- In 'Creamguide(Films) Commentaries: Creepshow', THX 1139 says: "Portmanteau horrors are still a thing on the indie horror scene, ABCs of Death, V/H/S, Southbound, that one with Anna..."