BIZARRE ‘SIDEWAYS LOOK’ at Glam Rock from a media career-courting Noddy Holder, coinciding neatly with Reeves & Mortimer’s ‘Slade In Residence’ sketches, who played hits and obscurities (i.e. Barry Blue) and bookended them with a combination of anecdotally personal tales of hi-jinks and Radcliffe-inspired punnery. Presence of Marc Riley in the producer’s seat explains the latter, along with incongruous appearance of Pathe News-parodying Radcliffe show character Cyril Dorricot.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Once as much a part of the festive season as Bond and Carry On, the Wackers were almost as famous on film as they were on record, so here’s another airing for the documentary that discusses their merits – including Magical Mystery Tour, even though that’s technically not a film – with pundits including the great Mark Lewisohn.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Deputy Dawg', Mick says: "‘Ah’m gonna hump yer… the way Deputy Dawg would hump ya.’ Alan Partridge. A quote making as much sense as the series premise."
- In 'Ripping Yarns', Mick says: "They also wrote their own ‘Playhouse’-type series, later wiped by the Beeb to free up tape for probably something about arable farming, or..."
- In '4-Tel on View', Mick says: "I also thought it defeated the object of buying a Teletext TV and not just because broadcast pages were boring. As they were from either channel."
- In 'Emu’s Brand New Pink Windmill Show/World', Mick says: "That Grotbags just needed a damn good seeing-to, that’s all she needed."
- In 'Tomorrow’s World', Mick says: "Before boring my childish mind to tears with non-stop medicines, miracle cures and other trivia, I delighted at the robots, gadgets and jumble..."