BIZARRE ‘SIDEWAYS LOOK’ at Glam Rock from a media career-courting Noddy Holder, coinciding neatly with Reeves & Mortimer’s ‘Slade In Residence’ sketches, who played hits and obscurities (i.e. Barry Blue) and bookended them with a combination of anecdotally personal tales of hi-jinks and Radcliffe-inspired punnery. Presence of Marc Riley in the producer’s seat explains the latter, along with incongruous appearance of Pathe News-parodying Radcliffe show character Cyril Dorricot.Read More
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This time last year we were paying tribute to Mel Smith and sadly this Christmas we’re remembering another comic icon whose shattering death at far too young an age was one of the saddest stories of the year. It’s not too much of an exaggeration to say that Rik was possibly the most influential comedy star of the past thirty years, absolutely at the vanguard of the alternative comedy movement and a massive inspiration to virtually all those that followed. Among those paying tribute are Alexei Sayle and Michael Palin but not Ade who doesn’t want to. And to make it an extra special tribute, the Young Ones repeat after is the full 35 minutes and not one of those dodgy half hour edits we’ve seen in recent years.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Words and Pictures', ange says: "Thank you so much Halloween Pumpkin! I thought I would check on this site, not really expecting for someone to have uploaded the pumpkin story after..."
- In 'It’s the double-sized Christmas Creamguide number 2014!', Alan B says: "Huzzah! Huzzah! … Huzzah!"
- In 'The six best Christmas TV Times covers', Alan B says: "The Minder one is very reminiscent of Computer And Video Games covers of the same era."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Applemask says: "When Blue Peter dies, a part of Britain dies with it. Talking of Advent Crowns, you didn’t even put any snow on the logo this year. What is..."
- In 'Treasure Houses', Narrowboat says: "It wasn’t just Stately Homes! There was also a programme on the Canals…. “You may wonder what I am doing here, without a Museum..."