ANOTHER ‘just the music’ man, on the early eighties morning show which included gardening tips from Alan Titchmarsh, before manning the smooth Vandross-heavy soul-lite shift for donkey’s years, as well as a Friday night sports show. Famously declares to all and sundry that he was the last person ever to interview John Lennon. Whether you ask him or not.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Always nice to check in with the scouse sextuplets every so often, given how frequently they used to be paraded on the telly in the early days. Indeed we remember one of the first projects for that man Pip Schofield on ITV was to meet them on the occasion of their tenth birthday. Now they’re into their third decade so time to get the family albums out once more.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richie Brown says: "There’s the thing – Morecambe and wise came second to…Ant and Dec. Oh dear, Channel 5 still the preserve of the brain dead and..."
- In 'TTV', Richard16378 says: "Other segment of this I remember was Top Of The Mops, a music show with an audience of mops pointing upwards."
- In 'Erasmus Microman', Applemask says: "Fuck you, this could only have been awesome, because Ken Campbell."
- In 'Yak, The', thedoctorrr says: "I used to love Yak as a kid- possibly one of the most melancholy shows ever produced for kiddies ( can still hum the somewhat sad theme tune even now)...."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "They showed about a minute of clips from Watership Down for Bright Eyes."