More BBC flummery from those regal nuptials of 1981, with trailers, a glimpse of Angela Rippon compering the breakfast show in the company of a trimphone, and a horde of foreign broadcasters crammed into BBC commentary cubicles.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Horror Express ', George White says: "Awesome fare, brilliantly fun – Savalas manages to steal it from the magnificent two. The same sets were used in Savalas spaghetti western..."
- In 'If It’s Wednesday, It Must Be…', Elise Camp says: "What about the inveterate Irish barfly? Oliver Shamus Hugh Squire. Now say it slurred,thanks to Benny Green. A..."
- In 'Organist Entertains, The', Gary says: "I always refer to it as “The Organist Entertains Question Mark”."
- In 'Screen Test', Richard16378 says: "Especially as the Hanna-Barbera Laurel & Hardy cartoons were never far from Children’s BBC schedules at the time."
- In 'Screen Test', David Smith says: "Used to amuse me when they had a round featuring “our old friends Laurel and Hardy”, and Michael would always say “When Ollie..."