The sporting calendar this year has worked out well for BBC2, as the darts, snooker and bowls were followed almost immediately by the Winter Olympics and meant they could fill up daytimes for a good six weeks. It’s finally come to an end and that means we’re back to non-stop repeats, but as before they’ve at least taken the opportunity to delve a bit further back and, presumably, cook up some vintage continuity to link them all. Cagney and Lacey, Are You Being Served? and ‘Allo ‘Allo! are all back, not that we can remember where we’ve got to, joined by this, which as we know was only invented as a last minute replacement for Shoestring, and just reminds us that we should have another rerun of that, twelve years after its last aborted daytime run. This’ll do for now, though.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'TV Cream’s 50 Great Things About Coronation Street Podcast – Episode 1', George White says: "Watching the Arnold Swain eps again, who turns but a young David Bradley as the..."
- In 'Video Nasties', George White says: "The shite still gets made. My friend JUstin Beahm’s friend Jeffrey McLaurin’s and Michelle Tankersley’s Tales of a FIfth Great..."
- In 'T-Bag', Glenn Aylett says: "Ever get the impression Elizabeth Estensen would slap you one if you reminded her of this, in the same way she must get fed up of people asking about Our..."
- In 'Ever Decreasing Circles', John Tate says: "Superlative at every turn ,seldom matched never bettered."
- In 'Eh, Brian, It’s a Whopper', michael davenport says: "Hi Tony id love a copy of Hey brian its a whopper when youve converted them. Ill pay ya"