The sporting calendar this year has worked out well for BBC2, as the darts, snooker and bowls were followed almost immediately by the Winter Olympics and meant they could fill up daytimes for a good six weeks. It’s finally come to an end and that means we’re back to non-stop repeats, but as before they’ve at least taken the opportunity to delve a bit further back and, presumably, cook up some vintage continuity to link them all. Cagney and Lacey, Are You Being Served? and ‘Allo ‘Allo! are all back, not that we can remember where we’ve got to, joined by this, which as we know was only invented as a last minute replacement for Shoestring, and just reminds us that we should have another rerun of that, twelve years after its last aborted daytime run. This’ll do for now, though.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Saturday, 10.00, BBC Radio 4
A rather higher profile edition of this series than usual as the artist who’s talking John Wilson through his inspirations and working methods is none other than Macca himself. With an hour to play with they’re not limiting themselves to a single LP but the highs of his post-Fabs ouevre, and there’s a celebrity audience all eager to ask the great man questions as well.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "This has been up for a week is there a glitch or most of TVC on holiday?"
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Des E says: "Grandstand’s probably going to win fairly comfortably, so I’ve given the ‘busters a consolation vote. Hopefully, though,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', TV Cream says: "Dunno what happened with the voting function on this one. Sorry, everybody! We’re just going to tally the Twitter votes instead,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Richard16378 says: "Tough choice, but Grandstand just squeezed through, helped by being used on that Vincent Price film about roller coasters that..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', Des E says: "Hey! Can’t we vote here or is it all being done on Twitter on this occasion?"