The sporting calendar this year has worked out well for BBC2, as the darts, snooker and bowls were followed almost immediately by the Winter Olympics and meant they could fill up daytimes for a good six weeks. It’s finally come to an end and that means we’re back to non-stop repeats, but as before they’ve at least taken the opportunity to delve a bit further back and, presumably, cook up some vintage continuity to link them all. Cagney and Lacey, Are You Being Served? and ‘Allo ‘Allo! are all back, not that we can remember where we’ve got to, joined by this, which as we know was only invented as a last minute replacement for Shoestring, and just reminds us that we should have another rerun of that, twelve years after its last aborted daytime run. This’ll do for now, though.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Doesn’t look like there’s going to be any more sitcom repeats in the afternoons this side of Christmas, but after months and months and months The Rockford Files is finally giving way to something else, albeit something we last had about eighteen months ago. Back to the start, in any case, although after today we then skip the next two for no reason we can work out.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Flaxton Boys, The', Scott McPhee says: "1969 to 1973. I had no idea. This show still aired on Australia’s ABC in the early 1980s."
- In 'Fast Forward', Scott McPhee says: "Dear Admins, in Australia, there was a long running sketch comedy show, also called Fast Forward. So, TV Cream could say; “No relation to the..."
- In 'Robin’s Nest', Scott McPhee says: "The first episode featured a gag which is a staple comic misunderstanding. Robin is preparing to open his restaurant. He employs a sign..."
- In 'Rings on Their Fingers', Scott McPhee says: "I remember this show from it’s airing on Australia’s ABC."
- In 'Gorgo ', THX 1139 says: "I saw this on holiday as a 6 year old and was stunned at the special effects bringing Gorgo to the screen, they were the most convincing I’d ever seen...."