Apart from being inelegantly and pointlessly cropped to widescreen, the compilation served as a useful way to whet our appetite for the hugely eclectic year to come, though unless things change we won’t be seeing that Dame Edna performance again, rather thankfully. The most amazing thing is that Barry Humphries didn’t have a massive heart attack on stage. Because we went a month without episodes some of the records here seem to have been around for ages but Rocky Sharpe and The Replays are only now entering the chart, but there’s no stuff too, including what was apparently the Queen Mother’s favourite record. Then it’s repeats of Ever Decreasing Circles!
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
You’d say one thing for the fragmented and confusing political scene over the last few years, it’s certainly livened up election coverage, given how boring it all was back at the turn of the century. Here’s another spin-off show which promises to be, yikes, “light-hearted” but we’re sure it’ll come up with some interesting clippage, from all channels and including some previously unseen footage from ITV’s first ever election in 1959 when, as mentioned on Swing Time, they realised too late all the graphics were totally unreadable and the coverage appeared “grubby and meagre”.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #13 The most unforgettable sci fi theme!', Harold Steptoe says: "A glaring omission is Barry Gray’s theme for the first series of the mighty Space 1999…..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "I noticed some had been hacked down the last time they were shown. I did wonder if it was to keep the run time down, or where some performers..."
- In 'Film Fun', Dristarg says: "“Get onnnn with iiiit!”"
- In 'WITHERS, Googie', Shaz says: "White corridors, Back room boy, The lovers of Joanna Godden, Pink String & sealing wax was a classic. I recall Ending up & Within These Walls."
- In 'Professor Lobster', Anthony stott says: "Shippo was that Alderman William Derbyshire school you attended?"