Apart from being inelegantly and pointlessly cropped to widescreen, the compilation served as a useful way to whet our appetite for the hugely eclectic year to come, though unless things change we won’t be seeing that Dame Edna performance again, rather thankfully. The most amazing thing is that Barry Humphries didn’t have a massive heart attack on stage. Because we went a month without episodes some of the records here seem to have been around for ages but Rocky Sharpe and The Replays are only now entering the chart, but there’s no stuff too, including what was apparently the Queen Mother’s favourite record. Then it’s repeats of Ever Decreasing Circles!
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Top of the Pops
Thursday, 19.30, 00.00, BBC4
Well, many congratulations to Startrax for managing to be the least interesting performers on a programme that also featured Tony Banks from Genesis. If anyone wants to know why studio groups usually stay in the studio, that’s exhibit A. More visual splendour from Aneka, joined by a bewigged Legs & Co (mmm, brunette Sue and Lulu) and then even joining the conga to see the show out. We’ve skipped another week here so a few repeats, plus another sodding medley, but all good fun.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Palitoy says: "I’m loving the recent trend for high-concept/obscure subject matter for Radio 4 plays. All very ‘Cream’ flavoured. Johnny..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', George White says: "They were part of the sort of “folkie”tradition alongside Billy Connolly, Max Boyce, John Cooper Clarke, etc, people..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', Glenn Aylett says: "Victoria Wood had none of the sneering and contempt the alternative comedians had for the mass audience and this is how she became..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', Richard16378 says: "Dinnerladies was a real favourite of mine, & a few years ago me & my girlfriend watched it all again over a weekend. She..."
- In 'Finders Keepers', George White says: "Also not to be confused with various same-titled films and webseries and other TV series…"