Apart from being inelegantly and pointlessly cropped to widescreen, the compilation served as a useful way to whet our appetite for the hugely eclectic year to come, though unless things change we won’t be seeing that Dame Edna performance again, rather thankfully. The most amazing thing is that Barry Humphries didn’t have a massive heart attack on stage. Because we went a month without episodes some of the records here seem to have been around for ages but Rocky Sharpe and The Replays are only now entering the chart, but there’s no stuff too, including what was apparently the Queen Mother’s favourite record. Then it’s repeats of Ever Decreasing Circles!
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The highlight in this episode are the clips from Cannon and Ball’s Casino and Talkabout, the latter managing to look more dated than any other programme in this series thanks to everyone wearing hideous lurid waistcoats throughout. This one also meets the Johnson family, mostly to talk about mad old Uncle Bob and his turkey obsession although it’s worth pointing out the rest of the clan hardly covered themselves in glory in the Name A Famous Irishman round.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."