DEAR GOD. ELISABETH “LIVER BIRDS” ESTENSEN played the witch-with-a-tea-fetish Talula Bag who lived in a strange teapot in an antique shop and wanted to get all powerful and take over world. Reluctant side-kick was a blonde kid (JOHN HASLER) called T-Shirt (“Yes your majes-tea”) who always came good in the final episode. Each series a girl would come into the shop and (somehow?!) be transported into the strange world inside said teapot. One there she would be sent on a mission to collects various objects (numbers from clock face, silvers spoons, crystals etc) from different (sometimes historical) locations in order to stop the dreaded T-Bag. The bloody kids always won in the end of course, and Ms Bag was sent away somewhere to face “punishment” at the end of each series. By the end of the fourth series “Talula” Bag was utterly destroyed (albeit to return in a Christmas special a year later) to be replaced by sister “Tabatha” Bag, played by GEORGINA HALE. A noxious brew.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor tonight, which allows us to mention that when it got to number one, Calendar showed a clip from its Whistle Test-inspired video and captioned it “amateur video”. In fact that video was the first we’d heard of them or it, when it was shown on Popworld in fact, and we never thought the record version was quite as good because it was a bit overproduced. Anyway, it’s included here because it started bands being broken via the internet and that rather than the major labels and Top of the Pops.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Sixty Minutes', Applemask says: "Complete failure on the graphic designers’ part to make the letter S look like the number 60."
- In 'Xerxes', Applemask says: "Xerxes himself is now the founding leader of the pro-prohibition Liquor Party, who came thirteenth in the last Swedish General Election. Good fact."
- In 'Jonny Briggs', Applemask says: "Could never understand a word these Northern people were saying. Nothing to do with Mike Baldwin either."
- In 'Jimmy Will Fix It', Applemask says: "Jim’ll Fuck It"
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "He was a classic on TotP with the girls, wasn’t he?"