SNOW-SKIMMING flag-slaloming Alpine ITC misfire landing on Saturday afternoons like Eddie The Eagle Edwards after a particularly clip show come-hithering jump. Steve ‘Son Of Norman’ Hudis starred as flourescent-togged Bobby Noel, thwarting international criminals on an implausible snow-covered mountain crime spree trajectory by, well, skiing at them. Didn’t catch on even at the high watermark of Toblerone-waving Chairlift Vogue silliness, and viewers promptly held up cards reading ‘0’ and ‘0’. All Look-In could find to say about it was ‘TV’s Newest Series’. Description-defying disco-funk theme song seems to have been inspiration for Daft Punk’s entire career.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We hope readers of the Daily Express weren’t watching last week as the feature where Whovians were invited to quiz the Executive Producer included a number of correspondents clearly from outside the UK, including two American kids who seemed to be asking for a complete summary of the plot of the Christmas show. They don’t even pay the licence fee!
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #5 The most unforgettable kids’ factual show theme!', Dan Pearce says: "As much as find it hard to vote for the traitors’ channel, it has to be Magpie. I have..."
- In 'Creamvote #5 The most unforgettable kids’ factual show theme!', Mark Wright says: "Like thousands of other kids of my generation, I was allowed to watch ITV in our house, so..."
- In 'Three for the Fancy', Steve Welton says: "Fabulous play! I am also looking for a copy of this little Gem……….. “Rumours travel fast among the..."
- In 'Creamvote #4 The most unforgettable sitcom theme!', GhostDiver says: "Most memorable for me is Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em – takes me right back to Saturday nights in..."
- In 'Fingerbobs', Mike Bailey says: "There was an article in the papers saying that Rick Jones was permanently off his face in the studio – and that he destroyed the..."