SNOW-SKIMMING flag-slaloming Alpine ITC misfire landing on Saturday afternoons like Eddie The Eagle Edwards after a particularly clip show come-hithering jump. Steve ‘Son Of Norman’ Hudis starred as flourescent-togged Bobby Noel, thwarting international criminals on an implausible snow-covered mountain crime spree trajectory by, well, skiing at them. Didn’t catch on even at the high watermark of Toblerone-waving Chairlift Vogue silliness, and viewers promptly held up cards reading ‘0’ and ‘0’. All Look-In could find to say about it was ‘TV’s Newest Series’. Description-defying disco-funk theme song seems to have been inspiration for Daft Punk’s entire career.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Such a shame Les died when he did because he was just on the brink of a Brucie and Lord Bob-esque reinvention, lauded by the next generation of comedy stars and bright enough to take a few risks and move with the times. Still plenty to enjoy from the archives, mind, and if you can’t get enough you can probably see many of the same clips earlier today on The Unforgettable Les Dawson at half twelve on ITV. This one’s better, though.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."