SNOW-SKIMMING flag-slaloming Alpine ITC misfire landing on Saturday afternoons like Eddie The Eagle Edwards after a particularly clip show come-hithering jump. Steve ‘Son Of Norman’ Hudis starred as flourescent-togged Bobby Noel, thwarting international criminals on an implausible snow-covered mountain crime spree trajectory by, well, skiing at them. Didn’t catch on even at the high watermark of Toblerone-waving Chairlift Vogue silliness, and viewers promptly held up cards reading ‘0’ and ‘0’. All Look-In could find to say about it was ‘TV’s Newest Series’. Description-defying disco-funk theme song seems to have been inspiration for Daft Punk’s entire career.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The Mercury Prize has flitted between the Beeb and C4 in recent years, but it’s back on the Beeb now and this year’s result will be revealed live tonight. What we especially like about the prize is obviously that it’s still named after the defunct company that originally sponsored it, and we even wonder how many younger viewers even realise that it even was a sponsor and not just a fancy name, a bit like the Britannia Stadium and the Liberty Stadium. Anyway, after it’s announced we’ll be able to enjoy some previous winners, and decide whether it’s a great honour or a poisoned chalice.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings', THX 1139 says: "When I was very little I was enchanted by this programme’s catchy theme tune, and would consider it a “life..."
- In 'Indoor League', THX 1139 says: "In most episodes you’d be lucky to see who won the matches, so easily distracted was the director. Judging by the amount of beer flowing, maybe..."
- In 'Horses Galore', Trev says: "Yep. Definitely Susan King (ah…tight jodhpurs,and sweaters!) The show had something to with horses, apparently. “Drake is a well developed..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Des E says: "And let’s not forget one2one, which was set up by Mercury in 1993 and whose ads used that glorious telephoney-rubber bandy tune by the Penguin..."
- In 'Indoors Outdoors', George Lennan says: "It was 50s telly cook Zena Skinner in the kitchen not Barret. She was an old bird then, but still alive as of November 2015! In the Garden was..."