SNOW-SKIMMING flag-slaloming Alpine ITC misfire landing on Saturday afternoons like Eddie The Eagle Edwards after a particularly clip show come-hithering jump. Steve ‘Son Of Norman’ Hudis starred as flourescent-togged Bobby Noel, thwarting international criminals on an implausible snow-covered mountain crime spree trajectory by, well, skiing at them. Didn’t catch on even at the high watermark of Toblerone-waving Chairlift Vogue silliness, and viewers promptly held up cards reading ‘0’ and ‘0’. All Look-In could find to say about it was ‘TV’s Newest Series’. Description-defying disco-funk theme song seems to have been inspiration for Daft Punk’s entire career.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Last week of these, which has at least illustrated that before Tel started phoning it in a bit he was a genuinely good interviewer and Wogan as a show could often come up with the goods, albeit not every night. Sadly it doesn’t look as if his chat with the cast of Pobol Y Cwm is going to make it into this series, but Wednesday’s episode looks the most interesting this week as we’re promised Rik Mayall and Ronnie Barker, the latter perhaps smashing up his Sun award in protest at a crappy story they ran about him.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Three Up Two Down', THX 1139 says: "Watched the last ever episode to see if Mike and Ange got it together, and right enough they had obviously just heard they weren’t getting..."
- In 'Red Hand Gang, The', THX 1139 says: "The legendary James Bond III went on to direct and star his own horror movie, called Def by Temptation. Why yes, it was made in the 90s. I rented..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "Channel 5 also showed it in it’s early days. The home videos had some songs changed due to rights issues, but I believe the DVDs have..."
- In 'Red Hand Gang, The', Ged Burke says: "I rememember this show well when I was a kid."
- In 'Clangers, The', Richard Freeman says: "IT RETURNS!!!!"