SNOW-SKIMMING flag-slaloming Alpine ITC misfire landing on Saturday afternoons like Eddie The Eagle Edwards after a particularly clip show come-hithering jump. Steve ‘Son Of Norman’ Hudis starred as flourescent-togged Bobby Noel, thwarting international criminals on an implausible snow-covered mountain crime spree trajectory by, well, skiing at them. Didn’t catch on even at the high watermark of Toblerone-waving Chairlift Vogue silliness, and viewers promptly held up cards reading ‘0’ and ‘0’. All Look-In could find to say about it was ‘TV’s Newest Series’. Description-defying disco-funk theme song seems to have been inspiration for Daft Punk’s entire career.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Tuesday, 22.00, BBC Radio 2
One interesting thing about Radio 2 at the moment is that they’re broadcasting the Referendum Campaign Broadcasts, which we think is the first time this station has broadcast this kind of thing for about twenty years. Meanwhile here’s Eamonn Holmes to rummage through his cuttings with Kate. Eamonn seems to be trying to style himself as the hardest working man in broadcasting, and we remember reading a few years ago that he went through a spell of doing Sky News, This Morning and the Midweek Lottery all on the same day, and it virtually killed him. For all he’s considered the king of bland, unchallenging broadcasting he’s had more than his fair share of headlines – Princess Tippy Toes and all that – so this might be worth hearing.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Rondo Veneziano', David Lewis says: "HTV used the animation as a filler and also used the tune for programme menus."
- In 'Not the Nine O’clock News', Richard16378 says: "The (sadly late) Victoria Wood was considered for this show but turned down the offer. IIRC she wasn’t keen on writing..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "This has been up for a week is there a glitch or most of TVC on holiday?"
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Des E says: "Grandstand’s probably going to win fairly comfortably, so I’ve given the ‘busters a consolation vote. Hopefully, though,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', TV Cream says: "Dunno what happened with the voting function on this one. Sorry, everybody! We’re just going to tally the Twitter votes instead,..."