SNOW-SKIMMING flag-slaloming Alpine ITC misfire landing on Saturday afternoons like Eddie The Eagle Edwards after a particularly clip show come-hithering jump. Steve ‘Son Of Norman’ Hudis starred as flourescent-togged Bobby Noel, thwarting international criminals on an implausible snow-covered mountain crime spree trajectory by, well, skiing at them. Didn’t catch on even at the high watermark of Toblerone-waving Chairlift Vogue silliness, and viewers promptly held up cards reading ‘0’ and ‘0’. All Look-In could find to say about it was ‘TV’s Newest Series’. Description-defying disco-funk theme song seems to have been inspiration for Daft Punk’s entire career.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The Gold schedules are looking quite interesting at the moment, perhaps more so than at any time in the past two decades since they decided to stop showing things like The Innes Book of Records and Odd One Out in primetime. There’s nothing you won’t have seen before, but there’s a decent amount of more alternative fare alongside the non-stop Only Fools. Here’s what we’re saying is the best Comic Strip film of all.
Points of View
- In 'Zokko', Peter Coutts says: "I remember Zokko ,Skayne and the theme tune for the show which was the sort of catchy thing that drove you mad. After Zokko a very similar show with an..."
- In 'Tigris', THX 1139 says: "For years I thought I had watched the film of Kon-Tiki (the other famous Heyerdahl seafaring expedition) when I was a very small boy but when I finally saw..."
- In 'Juggernaut', Joeb says: "I always loved the bomb in the Rover biscuit tin. Classic. And I like the bit where the kid says the frogmen look like his Action Man."
- In 'Pale Rider ', Ian B says: "Just watched this on Blu-ray. Excellent film with the legend that is Clint Eastwood. Covers many themes and looks great."
- In 'Creamvote #14 The most unforgettable kids’ entertainment show theme', Applemask says: "I want to vote for “The 8.15 From Manchester” so bad it hurst, but I fear it..."