SNOW-SKIMMING flag-slaloming Alpine ITC misfire landing on Saturday afternoons like Eddie The Eagle Edwards after a particularly clip show come-hithering jump. Steve ‘Son Of Norman’ Hudis starred as flourescent-togged Bobby Noel, thwarting international criminals on an implausible snow-covered mountain crime spree trajectory by, well, skiing at them. Didn’t catch on even at the high watermark of Toblerone-waving Chairlift Vogue silliness, and viewers promptly held up cards reading ‘0’ and ‘0’. All Look-In could find to say about it was ‘TV’s Newest Series’. Description-defying disco-funk theme song seems to have been inspiration for Daft Punk’s entire career.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We’ve not heard much of Sally Traffic on Radio 2 since she moved to weekends, though we’re not particularly upset as we much prefer Bobby Prior, not least because she actually gets some of Simon Mayo’s jokes. Sally’s not been idle during the week, though, as here she is presenting this documentary where she meets folk veteran Peggy Seeger, sister of Pete, and they discuss whether political songs ever actually achieve anything.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #9 The most unforgettable kids’ drama theme!', Austin Maxi says: "Yes of course, it had to be Hawkshaw’s ‘Chicken Man’ (the theme to Grange Hill),..."
- In 'Virgin 1215', Richard16378 says: "The whole Bannister Axe at Radio 1 really played into Virgin’s hands at the time it was launched, winning a chuck of audience stuck between..."
- In 'Virgin 1215', Ged Burke says: "Virgin 1215 was great. I started listening to it in May 1994 Richard Skinner, Graham Dene and Mitch Johson and Russ and Jono were all great and for 2..."
- In 'Joe', Jute says: "Actually Joe didn’t throw mud at an ice cream van at all. Joe lived in a transport cafe and the ice cream van was in the car park, along with a lot of lorries..."
- In 'Chocky/Chocky’s Children/Chocky’s Challenge', Scott McPhee says: "I watched Chocky when it was first shown. One thing I remember, was that Matthew got kidnapped. He was..."