We’re probably a little late – the BBC hasn’t made anyone redundant for a few days and the fervor has diminished – but nonetheless, we’re offering up this jolly banner (above), which you can feel free to appropriate and hang in your front room windows. Bring Back Greg!
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Sunday, 18.30, BBC1
Casualty last night, Countryfile this? We know this sounds a bit more like TV Times than Creamguide, but this edition looks particularly intriguing, and not just for Uncle Matt-related reasons. No, it’s because it’s based around that brilliantly Creamy event, the summer of 76! It’s not just an exercise in nostalgia, either, because there’s also a look at how in some ways it changed our environment forever, and a chance to ponder what might happen if we had the same kind of thing again.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "I’ve been hoping the BBC4 repeats would get to 1982 even since the started. This is mainly because it’s when I started to watch TOTP..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Palitoy says: "Also worth noting – to reiterate a point made in one of the Cream Amigo’s recent (and great) commentary-casts – is that the..."
- In 'Sons and Daughters', Scott McPhee says: "Ally Fowler, who starred in Sons and Daughters, is still acting and performing. She sings in a pop group called The Chantoozies."
- In 'Monkey', Scott McPhee says: "“Steamroller schoolboy cult due to then-novelty kung-fu scenes, bonkers narrative, that theme song, and magic-summoning blowing-on-fingers..."
- In 'Bottle Boys', THX 1139 says: "I just watched that One Good Turn episode too, and the fact that it features both Robin Askwith doing a Bernie Winters impersonation and Bernie Winters..."