We’re probably a little late – the BBC hasn’t made anyone redundant for a few days and the fervor has diminished – but nonetheless, we’re offering up this jolly banner (above), which you can feel free to appropriate and hang in your front room windows. Bring Back Greg!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
“Jeff Stevenson, you’ve got a great show there in Knees-Up!” Heaven knows what the general public are making of these programmes as entertainment in 2013, though as historical documents from the early eighties they’re fascinating, last week allowing us a rare glimpse of Lonnie Donegan in a non-skiffle-related context, who certainly came up with more gags than Keith Harris and a totally redundant Orville. And, of course, “You can make your own way to the Urals because you’ve won a folding bike!”
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "I got a lot more of the references the 2nd & 3rd times I watched it,..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Rob Free says: "I used to watch this over and over on VHS. I loved the the little cameos from..."
- In '26) “I don’t do French, I do woodwork!”', Richard16378 says: "You are spot on about Victoria Wood being ahead of her time spoofing documentaries. The washed out..."
- In '46) “Radio 1 disc jockey Mark Goodier!”', Richard16378 says: "I really liked The Day Today, most of it has stood the test of time without becoming overly dated, certainly..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "Possibly Harry Enfield’s finest 45 minutes, a laugh out loud moment..."