It’s a hundred years of the BBFC – though it went a bit soft when it changed from the British Board of Film Censors to the touchy-feely British Board of Film Classification. And surely the reassuring words of Simon Bates were way more fun before a film than those endless piracy warnings. Anyway, to celebrate here’s a look at how, if their views were considered too liberal, local councils were still able to ban films anyway, most notably those councils who banned Life of Brian even though there were no cinemas under their jurisdiction anyway.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "Even a drop-in appearance by Paul McCartney to make it even more special!"
- In 'Our John Willie', david burke says: "Hi all, I actually played our John willie and I can confirm that at no point was this filmed in the midlands!"
- In 'Blizzard’s Wonderful Wooden Toys/Blizzard’s Wizard Woodwork', Minton says: "These unkind and negative comments do not make the site owner look smart."
- In 'Tomorrow People, The', Richard16378 says: "I’ve only seen clips but the story with Peter Davison looks very quirky."
- In 'Give us a Clue', Chris Booth says: "Does anybody remember one episode from the late 1980s when a young female contestant, a ‘bubbly blonde’ in the parlance of the day, (I..."