It’s sixty years of the pop charts, an anniversary we’ll hear more about later this week, and this is obviously the perfect show to mark it, which they’re doing by, er, not playing a chart at all but instead presenting the first of two special shows playing the best-selling single from each year in turn. We’re not entirely sure about this because the fun of the show, for us, is hearing the records nobody ever plays anywhere else anymore, and as that standby episode the other month proved, their definition of “best-selling” often seems to be a bit muddled. In any case, here’s the first 34 which is a bit messy but records were a bit shorter in those days.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "Even a drop-in appearance by Paul McCartney to make it even more special!"
- In 'Our John Willie', david burke says: "Hi all, I actually played our John willie and I can confirm that at no point was this filmed in the midlands!"
- In 'Blizzard’s Wonderful Wooden Toys/Blizzard’s Wizard Woodwork', Minton says: "These unkind and negative comments do not make the site owner look smart."
- In 'Tomorrow People, The', Richard16378 says: "I’ve only seen clips but the story with Peter Davison looks very quirky."
- In 'Give us a Clue', Chris Booth says: "Does anybody remember one episode from the late 1980s when a young female contestant, a ‘bubbly blonde’ in the parlance of the day, (I..."