We’re billing this series again because it continues to surprise us, not least in last week’s Halloween Special when top Creamer Ed Petrie announced his most memorable bit of spooky telly was only bloody Ghostwatch – and they showed a load of clips from it! Wow! Let’s hope it put the willies up today’s kids just as much as it did those of a generation ago. We love hearing Cream-era stuff being explained to an audience of baffled kids so let’s hope this series runs and runs.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Ed Stewart – A Tribute
Wednesday, 22.00, BBC Radio 2
Sadly, Stewpot’s death has been rather overshadowed by the death of one of his Radio 2 colleagues, but it was still a hell of a shock when he died the other week, not least because he was on air as recently as Christmas Day. A generation certainly grew up with Ed, though, kicking off the weekend with him on Crackerjack, waking up with him the next morning on Junior Choice and reading his column in Look-In. His career had some ups and downs, not least when he was phoned up by the Mirror to ask how he felt about being sacked from Crackerjack and when he said that was the first he’d heard of it, the journalist passed the phone over to Robin Nash who’d just told him. But he was one of the biggest DJs in the golden days of the pirates, with Noel considering him a mentor, and he’s among those wishing him a fond byeeeeeee.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Potty Time, Michael Bentine’s', Scott McPhee says: "The obligatory Christmas episode. Jingle Bells parody; “Oh what fun it is to ride in a super sonic sleigh.”"
- In 'Play School', George White says: "Yes, that’s right, he is. Australia is a small world."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard Davies says: "It sounds like it’s worth writing a feature on the rise of stand-up comedy over the last 20 or so years."
- In 'Play School', David Smith says: "Don Spencer is also, in one of my favourite pieces of telly trivia, Russell Crowe’s father-in-law."
- In 'Play School', George White says: "Don Spencer is “Australia’s No 1 Children’s Entertainer” A. Because he took permanent residence in Australia. B. He’s..."