We’re billing this series again because it continues to surprise us, not least in last week’s Halloween Special when top Creamer Ed Petrie announced his most memorable bit of spooky telly was only bloody Ghostwatch – and they showed a load of clips from it! Wow! Let’s hope it put the willies up today’s kids just as much as it did those of a generation ago. We love hearing Cream-era stuff being explained to an audience of baffled kids so let’s hope this series runs and runs.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This was one of the most watched programmes of last Christmas so it’s no surprise they’ve asked for a full series, which begins here. Not sure how well it’ll do after a few episodes in mid-January when it can’t just coast on nostalgia and goodwill while everyone’s half-pissed, but it can’t be any worse than The Royal Bodyguard, can it?
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'It’s the double-sized Christmas Creamguide number 2014!', THX 1139 says: "Well done to Channel 5 for showing Chas ‘n’ Dave’s Christmas Knees-Up. Not well done..."
- In 'The six worst TV Times Christmas covers', Des E says: "“Dishonourable mention for: creepy Santa illustration which they’ve run in perpetuity since the mid 1990s.” *puts..."
- In 'The six best Christmas TV Times covers', Des E says: "Not a TV Times fan, then, Borgduck? Though the magazine ceased to be really relevant following deregulation in ’91, I..."
- In 'The six best Christmas TV Times covers', borgduck says: "Are you sure these aren’t the six worst TV Times covers?"
- In 'The six worst Christmas Radio Times covers', Richard16378 says: "While I have a higher opinion of Some Mothers Do Ave Em than TVC I admit that picture of Frank Spencer isn’t..."